- Michael Owen calls for Brendan Rodgers to be given more time at Liverpool [BT Sport Video]
- A Sam Gallagher stunner saw Southampton U21s beat Blackburn in the Premier League Cup final [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool target Memphis Depay is eccentric & doesn’t talk to the media [Talksport Audio]
- Angry Flamengo player gives ref incredibly hard handshake after 1-0 defeat to Vasco [GIF]
- Close up footage of the tension on Barcelona’s bench during the win over Valencia [Video]
Manchester United’s Antonio Valencia scores quality disallowed volley for Ecuador
- March 28, 2013
It hasn’t been the best season for Antonio Valencia at Manchester United in 2012/2013.
The Ecuador winger was arguably Manchester United’s best player last campaign but has struggled for consistency with many fans at Old Trafford questioning what has happened to his crossing in recent weeks.
On Tuesday night, Antonio Valencia played the full 90 minutes in an impressive 4-1 Ecuador win over Paraguay with the hosts coming from 1-0 down to secure victory.
Just before Ecuador did equalise, Valencia cracked home an excellent left footed volley into the top corner – which was disallowed for offside.
It looks like a correct decision but Manchester United fans and boss Sir Alex Ferguson will be encouraged by the left footed finish.