Marcos Rojo’s Manchester United work permit in doubt over police record [Mail]
- August 30, 2014
Marcos Rojo didn’t feature in the Manchester United squad today, amid problems over securing a work permit for the Argentine.
Amazingly, after unveiling their signing from Sporting last week, presenting him to the press etc., Rojo is still ineligible due to the difficulties arising from his third party ownership.
It’s precisely for that reason that United were hesitant over Rojo in the first place, having had their hands burnt with Carlos Tevez several years ago.
In a pretty incredible registration, Rojo is currently in limbo – neither registered to Manchester United or Sporting.
But it’s not just the 3rd party element – the Mail report that the difficulty also stems from Rojo’s police record, with the Argentine being quizzed by United officials over a fight he had with a neighbour back in 2010; though he was never prosecuted, the case remains on police file, which naturally worres United.
Rojo’s been forced to fly to Madrid for a Visa interview, and his United future now looks in serious doubt, before even beginning.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...