- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Marcos Rojo’s Manchester United work permit in doubt over police record [Mail]
Marcos Rojo didn’t feature in the Manchester United squad today, amid problems over securing a work permit for the Argentine.
Amazingly, after unveiling their signing from Sporting last week, presenting him to the press etc., Rojo is still ineligible due to the difficulties arising from his third party ownership.
It’s precisely for that reason that United were hesitant over Rojo in the first place, having had their hands burnt with Carlos Tevez several years ago.
In a pretty incredible registration, Rojo is currently in limbo – neither registered to Manchester United or Sporting.
But it’s not just the 3rd party element - the Mail report that the difficulty also stems from Rojo’s police record, with the Argentine being quizzed by United officials over a fight he had with a neighbour back in 2010; though he was never prosecuted, the case remains on police file, which naturally worres United.
Rojo’s been forced to fly to Madrid for a Visa interview, and his United future now looks in serious doubt, before even beginning.
- Updated: August 30, 2014