Marcos Rojo’s Manchester United work permit in doubt over police record [Mail]
- August 30, 2014
Marcos Rojo didn’t feature in the Manchester United squad today, amid problems over securing a work permit for the Argentine.
Amazingly, after unveiling their signing from Sporting last week, presenting him to the press etc., Rojo is still ineligible due to the difficulties arising from his third party ownership.
It’s precisely for that reason that United were hesitant over Rojo in the first place, having had their hands burnt with Carlos Tevez several years ago.
In a pretty incredible registration, Rojo is currently in limbo – neither registered to Manchester United or Sporting.
But it’s not just the 3rd party element – the Mail report that the difficulty also stems from Rojo’s police record, with the Argentine being quizzed by United officials over a fight he had with a neighbour back in 2010; though he was never prosecuted, the case remains on police file, which naturally worres United.
Rojo’s been forced to fly to Madrid for a Visa interview, and his United future now looks in serious doubt, before even beginning.
- Sergio Ramos collects ICC trophy as Real Madrid captain
- Rio Ferdinand relives his header v Liverpool into the Stretford End on a holiday boat (...
- Sergio Ramos’ new Real Madrid deal is worth less than what Manchester United were...
- Man Utd’s Bastian Schweinsteiger pinged a lovely volley pass to Rooney v PSG (GIF)
- Watch Memphis Depay’s individual highlights for Man United v PSG (Video)
- Pedro’s move from Barcelona to Man United is matter of “when, not if”...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi