Manchester United watched PSV’s Colombian full-back Santiago Arias last weekend [Voetbal International]
- April 9, 2014
Leading Dutch website Voetbal International have announced on Wednesday that Manchester United sent scouts to watch PSV’s Colombian defender Santiago Arias last weekend in the Eredivisie.
Whether the Man United representatives were impressed with the South American remains to be seen as PSV were hammered 3-0 at Heerenveen last Saturday in the Dutch top flight.
According to VI, Arias’ management team are fully aware that the full-back is being scouted by Old Trafford, however neither the player nor his agent are willing to openly discuss the Red Devils’ interest as no official bid has yet been tabled.
Noticeably, the report on VI is not the first time United have been linked to the Colombian.
On March 1st, the Star (see above) splashed their backpage with the headline “Moyes targets ace Ari”, writing that “PSV Eindhoven right-back Santiago Arias, 22, is David Moyes’ latest target to replace Patrice Evra. Colombian Arias would only cost £8m.”
For the record, PSV signing Arias last summer for €675,000 on a four-year contract from Sporting Lisbon.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]