- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Manchester United watched PSV’s Colombian full-back Santiago Arias last weekend [Voetbal International]
Leading Dutch website Voetbal International have announced on Wednesday that Manchester United sent scouts to watch PSV’s Colombian defender Santiago Arias last weekend in the Eredivisie.
Whether the Man United representatives were impressed with the South American remains to be seen as PSV were hammered 3-0 at Heerenveen last Saturday in the Dutch top flight.
According to VI, Arias’ management team are fully aware that the full-back is being scouted by Old Trafford, however neither the player nor his agent are willing to openly discuss the Red Devils’ interest as no official bid has yet been tabled.
Noticeably, the report on VI is not the first time United have been linked to the Colombian.
On March 1st, the Star (see above) splashed their backpage with the headline “Moyes targets ace Ari”, writing that “PSV Eindhoven right-back Santiago Arias, 22, is David Moyes’ latest target to replace Patrice Evra. Colombian Arias would only cost £8m.”
For the record, PSV signing Arias last summer for €675,000 on a four-year contract from Sporting Lisbon.
- Updated: April 9, 2014