Manchester United want £50m Edinson Cavani as Robin van Persie’s replacement [Mail on Sunday]
- April 20, 2014
Are you joking?!
The Mail on Sunday’s Rob Shepherd has once again used his weekend column to promulgate a transfer rumour that seems extremely difficult to believe.
According to the pseudo-tabloid, Manchester United are ready to shell out a significant amount of cash in order to buy Edinson Cavani from PSG, however the suggestion in the paper is that the Uruguayan striker’s arrival would set up Robin van Persie’s exit from Old Trafford.
Of course, it is the suggestion that Robin van Persie would be sold by David Moyes which raises eyebrows.
Manchester United are ready to flex their muscles in the transfer market by taking on both Manchester City and Chelsea for PSG’s Edinson Cavani.
Acquiring Cavani would entail a transfer fee in the region of £50million plus wages of around £300,000-a-week, similar to those Wayne Rooney recently agreed to.
If they land Cavani then they will be ready to offload Robin van Persie.
The story in the Mail on Sunday comes the morning after the French Cup final in which Edinson Cavani scooped the man of the match award for bagging a brace as PSG beat Lyon 2-1.
Watch Edinson Cavani’s individual highlights v Lyon below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...