- Chelsea appear to have a clear advantage with the fixture list in the build-up to the Capital One Cup final
- Andrea Pirlo’s quality skills v Parma for Juventus in the Coppa Italia [GIF]
- USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann backheels TWO balls at the same time! [GIF]
- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
Manchester United want £50m Edinson Cavani as Robin van Persie’s replacement [Mail on Sunday]
Are you joking?!
The Mail on Sunday’s Rob Shepherd has once again used his weekend column to promulgate a transfer rumour that seems extremely difficult to believe.
According to the pseudo-tabloid, Manchester United are ready to shell out a significant amount of cash in order to buy Edinson Cavani from PSG, however the suggestion in the paper is that the Uruguayan striker’s arrival would set up Robin van Persie’s exit from Old Trafford.
Of course, it is the suggestion that Robin van Persie would be sold by David Moyes which raises eyebrows.
Manchester United are ready to flex their muscles in the transfer market by taking on both Manchester City and Chelsea for PSG’s Edinson Cavani.
Acquiring Cavani would entail a transfer fee in the region of £50million plus wages of around £300,000-a-week, similar to those Wayne Rooney recently agreed to.
If they land Cavani then they will be ready to offload Robin van Persie.
The story in the Mail on Sunday comes the morning after the French Cup final in which Edinson Cavani scooped the man of the match award for bagging a brace as PSG beat Lyon 2-1.
Watch Edinson Cavani’s individual highlights v Lyon below.
- Updated: April 20, 2014