- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Manchester United want £50m Edinson Cavani as Robin van Persie’s replacement [Mail on Sunday]
Are you joking?!
The Mail on Sunday’s Rob Shepherd has once again used his weekend column to promulgate a transfer rumour that seems extremely difficult to believe.
According to the pseudo-tabloid, Manchester United are ready to shell out a significant amount of cash in order to buy Edinson Cavani from PSG, however the suggestion in the paper is that the Uruguayan striker’s arrival would set up Robin van Persie’s exit from Old Trafford.
Of course, it is the suggestion that Robin van Persie would be sold by David Moyes which raises eyebrows.
Manchester United are ready to flex their muscles in the transfer market by taking on both Manchester City and Chelsea for PSG’s Edinson Cavani.
Acquiring Cavani would entail a transfer fee in the region of £50million plus wages of around £300,000-a-week, similar to those Wayne Rooney recently agreed to.
If they land Cavani then they will be ready to offload Robin van Persie.
The story in the Mail on Sunday comes the morning after the French Cup final in which Edinson Cavani scooped the man of the match award for bagging a brace as PSG beat Lyon 2-1.
Watch Edinson Cavani’s individual highlights v Lyon below.
- Updated: April 20, 2014