Manchester United turn to Real Madrid’s Luka Modric to fill central midfield gap [The Times]
- July 29, 2013
On Tuesday, The Times are due to lead with a new transfer target for David Moyes.
After missing out on Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas, Manchester United are reportedly preparing a £25m bid for the Croatian midfielder.
Wanted by Manchester United a year earlier, Modric chose the lights of Madrid but following a mediocre first season, Modric could be sold to add funds towards the acquisition of Tottenham’s Gareth Bale.
The Times report that Moyes has failed to land any of his primary transfer targets after a horrendous summer in the transfer market.
Luka Modric ‘did not feature prominently on their shortlist at the start of the summer, but a lack of alternatives has forced them to reconsider‘.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...