- Leo Messi unhappy that Barcelona haven’t lobbied for him to win Ballon D’Or [MARCA]
- Liverpool planning January move for West Brom’s Saido Berahino [Mail]
- Barcelona boss Luis Enrique: ‘There is no ‘Messi Case’, Leo is happy here’ [Video]
- Darren Fletcher makes fun of Ashley Young’s diving in Manchester United Q&A for Chevrolet
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez poses in his underwear for modelling photo shoot [Video]
Manchester United turn to Real Madrid’s Luka Modric to fill central midfield gap [The Times]
On Tuesday, The Times are due to lead with a new transfer target for David Moyes.
After missing out on Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas, Manchester United are reportedly preparing a £25m bid for the Croatian midfielder.
Wanted by Manchester United a year earlier, Modric chose the lights of Madrid but following a mediocre first season, Modric could be sold to add funds towards the acquisition of Tottenham’s Gareth Bale.
The Times report that Moyes has failed to land any of his primary transfer targets after a horrendous summer in the transfer market.
Luka Modric ‘did not feature prominently on their shortlist at the start of the summer, but a lack of alternatives has forced them to reconsider‘.
- Updated: July 29, 2013