- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘Manchester United are very much in the title race’ [Video]
- Intercom message interrupts Van Gaal’s presser asking for a masseur, he thinks it’s a prank [Video]
Manchester United target Toni Kroos looks to be leaving Bayern Munich for Real Madrid as talks begin [AS]
Momentum is building in the Spanish press over Toni Kroos’ proposed move from Bayern Munich to Real Madrid.
Last week, Spanish paper El Confidencial reported that the 24-year-old Kroos, a long time Manchester United target, is now angling to engineer a move to the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
El Confidencial claim that Kroos had “urged” Bayern Munich to listen to offers, “to sit and negotiate if Real Madrid make a move of submitting a proposal”.
Several days later, and it now appears that Real MAdrid have begun the acquisition process.
AS, who splash the Kroos to Madrid story on the front page of their Sunday edition, detail that the Los Blancos have already started talks with Kroos’ agent Volker Struth over the potential deal. As is widely known, Kroos is said to want to leave the Allainz Arena in order to raise his salary.
AS do mention Man United as a potential rival to Real for the German international midfielder, noting that Old Trafford would also offer Kroos what he is looking for in wages.
Nevertheless, from the Spanish perspective, it’s beginning to feel like just a matter of time before Kroos and Madrid reach a deal.
- Updated: June 8, 2014