Manchester United target Robert Lewandowski sent off for wild kick v Hamburg
- February 9, 2013
The first half between Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg was action-packed to say the least.
Robert Lewandowski gave Dortmund the lead with a super goal, rounding the keeper and then finished coolly.
Hamburg came back though, through Rudnevs and a solo special from Son Heung-Min.
It was then that the real flash point happened.
Robert Lewandowski went in for a 50-50 ball with Hamburg’s Skejlbred, and it’s safe to say the Norwegian came off the worst.
Rafael Van der Vaart was booked for getting involved, but the red card for Lewandowski was the real controversy.
Dortmund are a famously ‘clean’ side – top of the Fairplay league, and Lewandowski clearly had no intent here. With only 15 yellow cards to his name in his entire career, this was his first ever straight red for which he’ll surely appeal.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”293856″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi