- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Manchester United target Robert Lewandowski sent off for wild kick v Hamburg
The first half between Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg was action-packed to say the least.
Robert Lewandowski gave Dortmund the lead with a super goal, rounding the keeper and then finished coolly.
Hamburg came back though, through Rudnevs and a solo special from Son Heung-Min.
It was then that the real flash point happened.
Robert Lewandowski went in for a 50-50 ball with Hamburg’s Skejlbred, and it’s safe to say the Norwegian came off the worst.
Rafael Van der Vaart was booked for getting involved, but the red card for Lewandowski was the real controversy.
Dortmund are a famously ‘clean’ side – top of the Fairplay league, and Lewandowski clearly had no intent here. With only 15 yellow cards to his name in his entire career, this was his first ever straight red for which he’ll surely appeal.
- Updated: February 9, 2013