Manchester United target Robert Lewandowski sent off for wild kick v Hamburg
- February 9, 2013
The first half between Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg was action-packed to say the least.
Robert Lewandowski gave Dortmund the lead with a super goal, rounding the keeper and then finished coolly.
Hamburg came back though, through Rudnevs and a solo special from Son Heung-Min.
It was then that the real flash point happened.
Robert Lewandowski went in for a 50-50 ball with Hamburg’s Skejlbred, and it’s safe to say the Norwegian came off the worst.
Rafael Van der Vaart was booked for getting involved, but the red card for Lewandowski was the real controversy.
Dortmund are a famously ‘clean’ side – top of the Fairplay league, and Lewandowski clearly had no intent here. With only 15 yellow cards to his name in his entire career, this was his first ever straight red for which he’ll surely appeal.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”293856″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...