- Falcao starts: Chelsea v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Szczesny starts, Giroud on the bench: Reading v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Jamie Carragher heaps praise on Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers [Video]
- Arsenal’s defensive midfield wall Francis Coquelin previewsCup semi-final v Reading [Video]
- Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck talks about his new role playing on the wing [Video]
Manchester United target Robert Lewandowski sent off for wild kick v Hamburg
- February 9, 2013
The first half between Borussia Dortmund and Hamburg was action-packed to say the least.
Robert Lewandowski gave Dortmund the lead with a super goal, rounding the keeper and then finished coolly.
Hamburg came back though, through Rudnevs and a solo special from Son Heung-Min.
It was then that the real flash point happened.
Robert Lewandowski went in for a 50-50 ball with Hamburg’s Skejlbred, and it’s safe to say the Norwegian came off the worst.
Rafael Van der Vaart was booked for getting involved, but the red card for Lewandowski was the real controversy.
Dortmund are a famously ‘clean’ side – top of the Fairplay league, and Lewandowski clearly had no intent here. With only 15 yellow cards to his name in his entire career, this was his first ever straight red for which he’ll surely appeal.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”293856″]