Man United target Everton’s Fellaini & Barcelona’s Fabregas for £50m [Guardian]
- July 15, 2013
The backpage of Tuesday’s Guardian newspaper boosts Manchester United fans hopes that the club are closing in on Marouane Fellaini and Cesc Fabregas.
Under the banner headline “Moyes targets Fellaini and Fabregas”, the subheadline reads “United manager wants former Arsenal captain and Belgian to form new £50m midfielder axis at Old Trafford.”
Journalist Jamie Jackson, reporting from United’s camp in Sydney, then added:
Moyes has identified the need for two midfielders, at least one of whom must be able to contribute goals, which Fábregas has proved he can do in the Premier League when at his former club, Arsenal. Fellaini also has an eye for goal; he scored 12 times for Everton last season.
Moyes considered Real Madrid’s Luka Modric before deciding on lodging an official offer for the former Arsenal captain. The deal hinges on whether Barcelona – who purchased the player from Arsenal for €29m (£25m) in 2011 – are willing to sell.
As for Everton’s afro-haired midfielder, the Guardian detail that no official bid has yet been lodged for Fellaini.
A copy of the Guardian’s backpage on Tuesday can be seen below.
UPDATE: The Times on Tuesday follow a similar line as the Guardian, also linking the Red Devils to Fellaini and Fabregas.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...