Man United target Everton’s Fellaini & Barcelona’s Fabregas for £50m [Guardian]
- July 15, 2013
The backpage of Tuesday’s Guardian newspaper boosts Manchester United fans hopes that the club are closing in on Marouane Fellaini and Cesc Fabregas.
Under the banner headline “Moyes targets Fellaini and Fabregas”, the subheadline reads “United manager wants former Arsenal captain and Belgian to form new £50m midfielder axis at Old Trafford.”
Journalist Jamie Jackson, reporting from United’s camp in Sydney, then added:
Moyes has identified the need for two midfielders, at least one of whom must be able to contribute goals, which Fábregas has proved he can do in the Premier League when at his former club, Arsenal. Fellaini also has an eye for goal; he scored 12 times for Everton last season.
Moyes considered Real Madrid’s Luka Modric before deciding on lodging an official offer for the former Arsenal captain. The deal hinges on whether Barcelona – who purchased the player from Arsenal for €29m (£25m) in 2011 – are willing to sell.
As for Everton’s afro-haired midfielder, the Guardian detail that no official bid has yet been lodged for Fellaini.
A copy of the Guardian’s backpage on Tuesday can be seen below.
UPDATE: The Times on Tuesday follow a similar line as the Guardian, also linking the Red Devils to Fellaini and Fabregas.
- Brendan Rodgers wants Barça’s Pedro to replace Raheem Sterling at Liverpool [SPORT]
- President of newly-promoted Turkish side Antalyaspor reveals hope to sign Lionel Messi
- Juventus star Paul Pogba plays down talk of Barcelona in interview with Soccer 360
- Barcelona hero Neymar sends young girl signed boots after she writes essay about him [V...
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Chile goalkeeper Claudio Bravo claims there are no plans to mark Barca star Leo Messi i...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi