Man United target Everton’s Fellaini & Barcelona’s Fabregas for £50m [Guardian]
The backpage of Tuesday’s Guardian newspaper boosts Manchester United fans hopes that the club are closing in on Marouane Fellaini and Cesc Fabregas.
Under the banner headline “Moyes targets Fellaini and Fabregas”, the subheadline reads “United manager wants former Arsenal captain and Belgian to form new £50m midfielder axis at Old Trafford.”
Journalist Jamie Jackson, reporting from United’s camp in Sydney, then added:
Moyes has identified the need for two midfielders, at least one of whom must be able to contribute goals, which Fábregas has proved he can do in the Premier League when at his former club, Arsenal. Fellaini also has an eye for goal; he scored 12 times for Everton last season.
Moyes considered Real Madrid’s Luka Modric before deciding on lodging an official offer for the former Arsenal captain. The deal hinges on whether Barcelona – who purchased the player from Arsenal for €29m (£25m) in 2011 – are willing to sell.
As for Everton’s afro-haired midfielder, the Guardian detail that no official bid has yet been lodged for Fellaini.
A copy of the Guardian’s backpage on Tuesday can be seen below.
UPDATE: The Times on Tuesday follow a similar line as the Guardian, also linking the Red Devils to Fellaini and Fabregas.
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal apologises for swearing at Barcelona fansDecember 3, 2016
- The Leo Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo handshake pre El Clasico was a little awkwardDecember 3, 2016
- Pilar Rubio celebrates Sergio Ramos goal for Real Madrid at Barcelona on InstagramDecember 3, 2016
- Sergio Ramos saves Real Madrid again, late goal secures draw at Barcelona [Best Tweets]December 3, 2016
- Everton v Man United: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 3, 2016
- Everton & West Brom keen on signing Morgan Schneiderlin from Man United [Telegraph]December 2, 2016
- Everton fans force Ronald Koeman to change his Christmas treeDecember 1, 2016
- Gary Lineker speaks about playing against ‘all-time great’ Ronald Koeman (Video)November 21, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho set to be the focus of a tax fraud investigationDecember 3, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne hits the crossbar from five yards out against Chelsea (Video)December 3, 2016
- Mourinho insists he had Herculean workload to recalibrate Man United from Van Gaal era (Video)December 3, 2016
- Anthony Martial calls his performance vs West Ham a ‘confidence boost’ (Video)December 3, 2016