Man United target Everton’s Fellaini & Barcelona’s Fabregas for £50m [Guardian]
- July 15, 2013
The backpage of Tuesday’s Guardian newspaper boosts Manchester United fans hopes that the club are closing in on Marouane Fellaini and Cesc Fabregas.
Under the banner headline “Moyes targets Fellaini and Fabregas”, the subheadline reads “United manager wants former Arsenal captain and Belgian to form new £50m midfielder axis at Old Trafford.”
Journalist Jamie Jackson, reporting from United’s camp in Sydney, then added:
Moyes has identified the need for two midfielders, at least one of whom must be able to contribute goals, which Fábregas has proved he can do in the Premier League when at his former club, Arsenal. Fellaini also has an eye for goal; he scored 12 times for Everton last season.
Moyes considered Real Madrid’s Luka Modric before deciding on lodging an official offer for the former Arsenal captain. The deal hinges on whether Barcelona – who purchased the player from Arsenal for €29m (£25m) in 2011 – are willing to sell.
As for Everton’s afro-haired midfielder, the Guardian detail that no official bid has yet been lodged for Fellaini.
A copy of the Guardian’s backpage on Tuesday can be seen below.
UPDATE: The Times on Tuesday follow a similar line as the Guardian, also linking the Red Devils to Fellaini and Fabregas.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...