- Arsenal fan Moh says Nedum Onuoha ‘must’ve gone to the Chelsea School of Diving’ for Giroud incident
- KSI talks about playing The OX at FIFA and nude scenes on BT Sport [Video]
- Crystal Palace sack Neil Warnock [Twitter Reaction]
- Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli contacts Inter Milan to check the possibility of a loan deal [Gazzetta]
- Egyptian presenter reads the news wearing a CD Nacional (Portugal) shirt [Video]
Manchester United submit “irresistible” offer to Thiago Alcantara [AS]
With the likes of El Mundo Deportivo reporting this morning that Thiago Alcantara’s future will be decided this week, Madrid based paper AS have confirmed that an offer of personal terms has been made to the Barcelona midfielder.
AS confirm that Manchester United submitted an “irresistible” bid to Thiago’s father Mazinho (the 1994 World Cup winner with Brazil) on Friday.
Combined with the desire for more playing time, so he can force his way into Vicente Del Bosque’s Spanish World Cup squad, AS believe Thiago Alcantara could well be on his way to Manchester United.
David Moyes is eager for Thiago to join and will guarantee regular playing time and a first team spot in his new look Manchester United side.
The Barcelona hierarchy are struggling to deal with this situation as they cannot guarantee Thiago the playing time he is after with the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas available to coach Tito Vilanova.
Thiago would be one of the best paid players at Manchester United and the coming days will be key for the Spanish Under-21 star’s future.
AS add that Thiago seems further and further away from the Camp Nou.
Finally, AS claim Cesc Fabregas was initially Manchester United’s first choice until they realised that Thiago could be signed for just 18 million euros (plus VAT).
- Updated: June 24, 2013