Manchester United submit €30m offer for Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera [Cadena Cope]
- August 29, 2013
Have Manchester United found their marquee signing to reinforce David Moyes’ midfield?
Spanish radio station Cadena Cope report on Thursday evening that Manchester United have submitted a 30 million euro offer for 24-year-old midfielder Ander Herrera.
This initial bid will almost certainly be rejected by Bilbao who would sell Herrera if Manchester United submit an offer closer to his release clause which is set at 36 million euros.
Bilbao, in recent seasons, have lost their best and most important players, Javi Martinez to Bayern Munich and Fernando Llorente to Juventus.
Marca suggest this is the third time Manchester United have attempted to sign a star midfielder from La Liga with failed attempts for both Mesut Ozil and Cesc Fabregas in recent weeks.
Whilst David Moyes remains interested in bringing Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United, Spanish sources predict that another bid for Herrera is almost a certainty.
Herrera played in both Europa League games against Manchester United in 2011/2012.
- Athletic Bilbao very close to €10m signing of Arsenal full back Nacho Monreal [AS]
- Arrogant Neymar was wrong to try a rainbow flick against Athletic Bilbao [Opinion]
- Athletic Bilbao want to sign Arsenal’s Nacho Monreal for €8m [Mundo Deportivo]
- Leo Messi bags a brace as Barcelona beat Athletic Bilbao to win the Copa del Rey [Highl...
- The best Tweets as Lionel Messi scores wonder solo goal v Athletic Bilbao
- Dani Alves ridiculed for new ridiculous looking haircut pre Bilbao-Barcelona
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi