Manchester United submit €30m offer for Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera [Cadena Cope]
Have Manchester United found their marquee signing to reinforce David Moyes’ midfield?
Spanish radio station Cadena Cope report on Thursday evening that Manchester United have submitted a 30 million euro offer for 24-year-old midfielder Ander Herrera.
This initial bid will almost certainly be rejected by Bilbao who would sell Herrera if Manchester United submit an offer closer to his release clause which is set at 36 million euros.
Bilbao, in recent seasons, have lost their best and most important players, Javi Martinez to Bayern Munich and Fernando Llorente to Juventus.
Marca suggest this is the third time Manchester United have attempted to sign a star midfielder from La Liga with failed attempts for both Mesut Ozil and Cesc Fabregas in recent weeks.
Whilst David Moyes remains interested in bringing Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United, Spanish sources predict that another bid for Herrera is almost a certainty.
Herrera played in both Europa League games against Manchester United in 2011/2012.
- Raphael Varane’s last-ditch tackle on Aritz Aduriz is a thing of beauty (Video)
- Athletic Bilbao 1 – Real Madrid 2: Karim Benzema continues his purple patch (High...
- Bilbao attacker Iker Muniain hits amazing trick shot through basketball hoop (Video)
- Referee brutally took out Mallorca defender Lucas Alvedano during 3-1 defeat (Vine)
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin scores a cracking volley at France training (video)
- Man United playmaker Juan Mata plays FIFA 16 v Spencer FC (video)
- Manchester United legend David Beckham reveals his toughest ever opponent (Video)
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge taunts Man United over Thomas Muller pursuit (Quotes)