Manchester United submit €30m offer for Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera [Cadena Cope]
Have Manchester United found their marquee signing to reinforce David Moyes’ midfield?
Spanish radio station Cadena Cope report on Thursday evening that Manchester United have submitted a 30 million euro offer for 24-year-old midfielder Ander Herrera.
This initial bid will almost certainly be rejected by Bilbao who would sell Herrera if Manchester United submit an offer closer to his release clause which is set at 36 million euros.
Bilbao, in recent seasons, have lost their best and most important players, Javi Martinez to Bayern Munich and Fernando Llorente to Juventus.
Marca suggest this is the third time Manchester United have attempted to sign a star midfielder from La Liga with failed attempts for both Mesut Ozil and Cesc Fabregas in recent weeks.
Whilst David Moyes remains interested in bringing Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United, Spanish sources predict that another bid for Herrera is almost a certainty.
Herrera played in both Europa League games against Manchester United in 2011/2012.
Watch Live Stream
- Arda Turan denied Luis Suarez an easy tap-in so the striker made sure to return the favour (Video)August 29, 2016
- Barcelona win at Bilbao thanks to Ter Stegen’s face & Rakitic’s header (Official video)August 29, 2016
- Sporting Gijon v Athletic Bilbao suspended due to racist abuse at Iñaki WilliamsAugust 22, 2016
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-08-28August 21, 2016
- Ryan Giggs slams Manchester United stars for swapping shirts after defeatOctober 24, 2016
- Gary Neville bemoans Man United’s midfield problem despite £200m investmentOctober 24, 2016
- Subdued Birthday wishes for Wayne Rooney after Manchester United’s 4-0 thrashing at ChelseaOctober 24, 2016
- Jose Mourinho’s record after 14 Manchester United games is worse than David Moyes’October 24, 2016