Manchester United submit €30m offer for Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera [Cadena Cope]
- August 29, 2013
Have Manchester United found their marquee signing to reinforce David Moyes’ midfield?
Spanish radio station Cadena Cope report on Thursday evening that Manchester United have submitted a 30 million euro offer for 24-year-old midfielder Ander Herrera.
This initial bid will almost certainly be rejected by Bilbao who would sell Herrera if Manchester United submit an offer closer to his release clause which is set at 36 million euros.
Bilbao, in recent seasons, have lost their best and most important players, Javi Martinez to Bayern Munich and Fernando Llorente to Juventus.
Marca suggest this is the third time Manchester United have attempted to sign a star midfielder from La Liga with failed attempts for both Mesut Ozil and Cesc Fabregas in recent weeks.
Whilst David Moyes remains interested in bringing Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United, Spanish sources predict that another bid for Herrera is almost a certainty.
Herrera played in both Europa League games against Manchester United in 2011/2012.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Barcelona star Leo Messi produced an incredible dribble against Athletic Bilbao (Video)
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi has poor penalty saved by Athletic Bilbao keeper (Official ...
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream
- Barcelona 1 – Athletic Bilbao 1: Lionel Messi’s goal not enough as Bilbao w...
- Barcelona man Gerard Pique sent off v Bilbao for insulting linesman’s mother (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...