Manchester United submit €30m offer for Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera [Cadena Cope]
Have Manchester United found their marquee signing to reinforce David Moyes’ midfield?
Spanish radio station Cadena Cope report on Thursday evening that Manchester United have submitted a 30 million euro offer for 24-year-old midfielder Ander Herrera.
This initial bid will almost certainly be rejected by Bilbao who would sell Herrera if Manchester United submit an offer closer to his release clause which is set at 36 million euros.
Bilbao, in recent seasons, have lost their best and most important players, Javi Martinez to Bayern Munich and Fernando Llorente to Juventus.
Marca suggest this is the third time Manchester United have attempted to sign a star midfielder from La Liga with failed attempts for both Mesut Ozil and Cesc Fabregas in recent weeks.
Whilst David Moyes remains interested in bringing Marouane Fellaini to Manchester United, Spanish sources predict that another bid for Herrera is almost a certainty.
Herrera played in both Europa League games against Manchester United in 2011/2012.
Watch Live Stream
- Aymeric Laporte updates fans on his horror injury for France U21 [Instagram]March 25th, 2016
- Bilbao’s brilliant defender Aymeric Laporte suffers a horror injury playing for France U21 ...March 24th, 2016
- Man City, not Barcelona, will sign Aymeric Laporte on a five year contract [Marca]March 24th, 2016
- Pep Guardiola has asked Man City to sign Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte [Sunday Times]February 28th, 2016
- Man United’s Morgan Schneiderlin posts positive message after leaving France Euro 2016 squadMay 29th, 2016
- Marcus Rashford signs new Manchester United contract [Telegraph]May 29th, 2016
- Radja Nainggolan rejects Chelsea, open to Man United move [GDS]May 29th, 2016
- New Man United boss Jose Mourinho not keen on Zlatan Ibrahimovic [Sunday Times]May 29th, 2016