- Manchester United’s Louis van Gaal still believes United can win title [Video]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas has a history of leading the PL assists chart at the halfway stage [Graphic]
- Ashley Barnes (Burnley) thumping equaliser v Man City from behind the goal [Video]
- Real Madrid keepers Keylor Navas & Iker Casillas make incredible saves in training [Video]
- Shots fired! Fernando Torres admits he left Liverpool for Chelsea to win trophies
SSN reported that Manchester United signed Fabio Coentrao on loan from Real Madrid
UPDATE: There is plenty of confusion surrounding whether this deal did in fact go through. More updates when we have them…
The transfer of Fabio Coentrao from Real Madrid to Manchester United came in the final seconds of the summer transfer window and was a huge surprise.
The Portuguese full back had been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu all summer after growing dissatisfied at the Bernabeu.
Coentrao was, for the majority of the summer, linked to Spurs, as a potential part of the transfer of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
David Moyes had hoped to strengthen the left full back position with a move for Everton’s Leighton Baines but was unable to pull off that transfer, despite signing team mate Marouane Fellaini.
Initial reports suggest Coentrao will join on a season long loan – there are no suggestions of an inclusion of a purchase option.
This signing suggests Moyes does not entirely trust Patrice Evra although Coentrao could be played further up the left side as a winger.
Whilst left field, this is a decent signing for United without being too spectacular…
- Updated: September 2, 2013