Manchester United set to sign Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij for €7-10m [Corriere dello Sport]
Ever since Louis van Gaal took over as Manchester United boss, the Premier League side have been linked with more or less every member of the Holland squad.
Nevertheless, a report from Corriere dello Sport would appear to have real credibility today, confirming that Stefan de Vrij has agreed to join Manchester United and a fee is agreed with Feyenoord.
How do Corriere, the famous Italian newspaper know this? Well, because Lazio have been trying to sign Stefan de Vrij for some time…
Accordingly, Corriere report that Lazio have given up the chase for the 22-year-old defender as when Manchester United and Louis van Gaal came in for Stefan de Vrij it was a given that he would head to Old Trafford.
The fee is expected to be between seven and ten million euros and comes just days after moves for Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw were agreed by Manchester United.
De Vrij had toured the Lazio training ground two months ago, met the Lazio hierarchy and thought to be keen on a move to Serie A.
But, as Corriera put it, “the call from van Gaal is worth more than anything.”
Ten million euros, a fee Feyenoord are unlikely to refuse, seems about right for de Vrij who has been impressive for Holland at this World Cup and could well emerge as a top class central defender in the coming years.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United fan hails “phenomenal” Henrikh Mkhitaryan after 4-0 win over Feyenoord (Video)November 25, 2016
- Brilliant reverse pass from Wayne Rooney sets up Juan Mata tap-in v Feyenoord (Video)November 24, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan takes his Man United chance with MOTM display [Tweets]November 24, 2016
- Wayne Rooney chips goalkeeper to put Man United ahead v Feyenoord (Video)November 24, 2016
- Holland crack joke about the leaked Van Gogh Nike shirtNovember 18, 2016
- Man United’s Memphis Depay scores brilliant free-kick for Holland (official video)November 13, 2016
- Man United’s Memohis Depay scores for Holland (official video)November 13, 2016
- Spurs striker Vincent Janssen suffered memory loss after Holland concussionNovember 10, 2016
- Mats Hummels talks about how close he came to joining Man United [Mail]December 6, 2016
- Man United’s Marouane Fellaini still fuming over David Luiz’s shocking tackle on himDecember 5, 2016
- Pep Guardiola impressed with Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United of late (Video)December 5, 2016
- Pep Guardiola calls a journalist a ‘liar’ for fake news story regarding Alexis SanchezDecember 5, 2016