- Man Utd’s Robin van Persie: ‘I had a bad game v Arsenal, criticism was justified’ [Video]
- Neil Warnock: ‘I’d love Ashley Cole, but he’s not gonna come to Palace, he’s lovin’ it in Italy’
- Arsene Wenger: ‘Thierry Henry was 1 of the greatest player I’ve seen – and I’ve seen some good ones’
- Barça closely scouting ‘Gabigol’ & Malcolm Silva, Brazilian starlets dubbed ‘The New Neymars’ [Sport]
- Newcastle’s Soccer Am Crossbar Challenge, coach Andy Woodman trolls everyone with banter [Video]
Manchester United set to offer goalkeeper David De Gea improved new contract [Star on Sunday]
The Spaniard has been one of the few bright spots in United’s dire campaign and picked up gongs at the club’s recent season awards ceremony.
United are hoping that an improved wage, £52,000 a week to £85,000, will keep him at the club for the foreseeable future.
De Gea initially struggled to adapt to life in England and the physicality of the Premier League but in the last two seasons has improved markedly and shown his quality.
- Updated: May 17, 2014