Manchester United set to make final €20m bid for Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay [A Bola]
- June 6, 2013
Portuguese paper A Bola report today that Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay.
Long rumoured to be heading to Old Trafford, Garay could well be new Manchester United boss David Moyes’ first signing.
A Bola suggest that a 20 million euro bid for Garay will be submitted this week which covers the release clause of the 26-year-old Argentine defender.
Benfica are keen to get as much money as possible for the highly-rated centre back since half of any fee received will be paid to Garay’s previous club Real Madrid.
If Garay does join Manchester United, speculation could emerge over the future of Nemanja Vidic with the likes of Jonny Evans, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Rio Ferdinand available to play next season in the centre of defence.
Footage of Ezequiel Garay’s goal v Celtic in the 2012-13 Champions League can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...