- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus now faces a criminal record for driving without a licence [Bild]
- A defender in Sweden headbutts the crossbar after conceding a goal [Videos]
- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
Manchester United set to make final €20m bid for Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay [A Bola]
- June 6, 2013
Portuguese paper A Bola report today that Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay.
Long rumoured to be heading to Old Trafford, Garay could well be new Manchester United boss David Moyes’ first signing.
A Bola suggest that a 20 million euro bid for Garay will be submitted this week which covers the release clause of the 26-year-old Argentine defender.
Benfica are keen to get as much money as possible for the highly-rated centre back since half of any fee received will be paid to Garay’s previous club Real Madrid.
If Garay does join Manchester United, speculation could emerge over the future of Nemanja Vidic with the likes of Jonny Evans, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Rio Ferdinand available to play next season in the centre of defence.
Footage of Ezequiel Garay’s goal v Celtic in the 2012-13 Champions League can be seen below.