- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
- Neymar feels like he’s in the best form of his Barcelona career [Video]
- Better than Beckham-Scholes! Víctor Curto Ortiz wondervolley (AS Eupen) v Racing Mechelen [Video]
- Chelsea man Didier Drogba hails his “inspiration” Thierry Henry after winning FWA award [Video]
Manchester United set to make final €20m bid for Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay [A Bola]
Portuguese paper A Bola report today that Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay.
Long rumoured to be heading to Old Trafford, Garay could well be new Manchester United boss David Moyes’ first signing.
A Bola suggest that a 20 million euro bid for Garay will be submitted this week which covers the release clause of the 26-year-old Argentine defender.
Benfica are keen to get as much money as possible for the highly-rated centre back since half of any fee received will be paid to Garay’s previous club Real Madrid.
If Garay does join Manchester United, speculation could emerge over the future of Nemanja Vidic with the likes of Jonny Evans, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Rio Ferdinand available to play next season in the centre of defence.
Footage of Ezequiel Garay’s goal v Celtic in the 2012-13 Champions League can be seen below.
- Updated: June 6, 2013