Manchester United set to make final €20m bid for Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay [A Bola]
- June 6, 2013
Portuguese paper A Bola report today that Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Benfica defender Ezequiel Garay.
Long rumoured to be heading to Old Trafford, Garay could well be new Manchester United boss David Moyes’ first signing.
A Bola suggest that a 20 million euro bid for Garay will be submitted this week which covers the release clause of the 26-year-old Argentine defender.
Benfica are keen to get as much money as possible for the highly-rated centre back since half of any fee received will be paid to Garay’s previous club Real Madrid.
If Garay does join Manchester United, speculation could emerge over the future of Nemanja Vidic with the likes of Jonny Evans, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Rio Ferdinand available to play next season in the centre of defence.
Footage of Ezequiel Garay’s goal v Celtic in the 2012-13 Champions League can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi