- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
Manchester United offer Thiago Alcantara €140k per week, will triple his salary [Sport]
Catalan paper Sport claimstoday that Manchester United have offered Thiago Alcantare 140,000 euros per week to convince the Spain Under-21 star to head to Old Trafford.
Manchester United have reportedly agreed terms with Thiago whilst the Barcelona player mulls over whether to leave the Nou Camp.
After failing to play the necessary minutes last season, Thiago can leave the Nou Camp for a fee believed to be in the region of 18 million euros (plus VAT).
There have been widespread suggestions that Thiago had agreed to join Manchester United and that Barcelona have given up hope of holding on to the talented midfielder.
But, in recent days, the Catalan press suggested the son of Mazinho was close to agreeing a new deal with Barcelona and on Saturday the player himself Tweeted: “I ❤Barcelona”.
This has been interpreted by some to mean Thiago loves the city rather than the club and may not indicate that he is staying at the club where he came up through the ranks.
With David Moyes officially taking over at Old Trafford tomorrow and the Manchester United squad returning for pre-season training, there could well be developments in the Thiago transfer saga in the coming days.
- Updated: June 30, 2013