Manchester United monitoring Holland’s World Cup sensation Memphis Depay [Mike Keegan, BBC]
- July 24, 2014
After Louis van Gaal’s successful World Cup with the Netherlands, leading them an unexpected semi-final and 3rd place, several links have inevitably been established between Manchester United and Dutch internationals.
For now, no official bid has been made for any, but Memphis Depay is one player Van Gaal may make a move for, according to Mike Keegan of the BBC.
Keegan says United are monitoring Depay, though any deal made for the PSV wide-man may involve him being loaned straight out, due to his age and profile (just 20).
Depay was a sensation for the Oranje at the World Cup, a player many felt could and should have won the tournament’s best young player, ahead of France’s Paul Pogba.
Staying with #mufc and Dutch players, believe club are monitoring Memphis Depay. Any move could see him loaned out for first year.
— Mike Keegan (@mikekeeganbbc) July 24, 2014
- Sergio Ramos collects ICC trophy as Real Madrid captain
- Rio Ferdinand relives his header v Liverpool into the Stretford End on a holiday boat (...
- Sergio Ramos’ new Real Madrid deal is worth less than what Manchester United were...
- Man Utd’s Bastian Schweinsteiger pinged a lovely volley pass to Rooney v PSG (GIF)
- Watch Memphis Depay’s individual highlights for Man United v PSG (Video)
- Pedro’s move from Barcelona to Man United is matter of “when, not if”...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi