Manchester United may axe TEN players in a brutal January clearout [Manchester Evening News]
- December 9, 2013
The backpage on the Manchester Evening News on Monday predicts that David Moyes is set to wield the axe of several players Old Trafford careers this January.
After Manchester United recorded their second back-go-back defeat at home at the weekend, the narrative coming out of Old Trafford is that some of United’s top stars, rather than manager David Moyes, will get the chop from the Theatre of Dreams.
According to Peter Spencer, David Moyes will go about reviving the fortunes of United by letting a glut of high-profile players leave United in the New Year.
They include out-of-form senior stars Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra, Nani, Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, and Anderson.
Meanwhile, Javier Hernandez, Shinji Kagawa and Wilfried Zaha are not getting anything like the number of games they want, and even underperforming homegrown star Tom Cleverley could be moved on.
The eye-grabbing backpage article from the Manchester Evening News on Monday is below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...