- The numbers behind Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere’s injury problems [Graphic]
- Spurs TV focus on Christian Eriksen in training ahead of game against Partizan Belgrade [Video]
- Dutch fifth tier golazo! Amateur footballer scores astonishing goal from his own half [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo v Lionel Messi | Battle Of The YouTube Comments [TalkSport]
- West Ham boss Sam Allardyce tells off reporter: Don’t ask me insulting questions [Video]
Manchester United may axe TEN players in a brutal January clearout [Manchester Evening News]
The backpage on the Manchester Evening News on Monday predicts that David Moyes is set to wield the axe of several players Old Trafford careers this January.
After Manchester United recorded their second back-go-back defeat at home at the weekend, the narrative coming out of Old Trafford is that some of United’s top stars, rather than manager David Moyes, will get the chop from the Theatre of Dreams.
According to Peter Spencer, David Moyes will go about reviving the fortunes of United by letting a glut of high-profile players leave United in the New Year.
They include out-of-form senior stars Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra, Nani, Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, and Anderson.
Meanwhile, Javier Hernandez, Shinji Kagawa and Wilfried Zaha are not getting anything like the number of games they want, and even underperforming homegrown star Tom Cleverley could be moved on.
The eye-grabbing backpage article from the Manchester Evening News on Monday is below.
- Updated: December 9, 2013