Manchester United may axe TEN players in a brutal January clearout [Manchester Evening News]
- December 9, 2013
The backpage on the Manchester Evening News on Monday predicts that David Moyes is set to wield the axe of several players Old Trafford careers this January.
After Manchester United recorded their second back-go-back defeat at home at the weekend, the narrative coming out of Old Trafford is that some of United’s top stars, rather than manager David Moyes, will get the chop from the Theatre of Dreams.
According to Peter Spencer, David Moyes will go about reviving the fortunes of United by letting a glut of high-profile players leave United in the New Year.
They include out-of-form senior stars Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra, Nani, Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, and Anderson.
Meanwhile, Javier Hernandez, Shinji Kagawa and Wilfried Zaha are not getting anything like the number of games they want, and even underperforming homegrown star Tom Cleverley could be moved on.
The eye-grabbing backpage article from the Manchester Evening News on Monday is below.
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his toughest ever opponents to Rio Ferdinand [Video]
- Torino president confirms he’s received 3 offers for Man United target Matteo Dar...
- Morgan Schneiderlin (Southampton) to Man United is pretty much a done deal [talkSPORT a...
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Chris Smalling claims he’s the fastest player in the Man United squad [Video]
- Ex-Man United man Anderson sent off for Internacional as his tough time in Brazil conti...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi