Manchester United manager David Moyes a ‘Dead Man Walking’ and facing the Old Trafford sack [Guardian]
- April 21, 2014
The Sun suggested it last night in their Monday morning edition, and now the Guardian have seriously cranked it up this afternoon.
While The Sun merely reported that the Manchester United board ‘have doubts’ about David Moyes after the Everton defeat, the Guardian are unequivocal: David Moyes is now a Dead Man Walking, and is imminently’facing the sack at Old Trafford.
According to Jamie Jackson’s article, it’s a matter of time before Moyes is sacked, though concretely, Jackson cites no more evidence than The Sun, so it’s difficult to understand how he has justified such a spectacular and cocksure headline.
In fact, the only sources of evidence Jackson musters are Rio Ferdinand’s tweet and Juan Mata’s blog, neither of which point the finger in any way at Moyes, and merely voice general frustration.
Make of it what you will, but what’s sure is this is the most categorical any article has been to date on Moyes’ future.
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...