Manchester United manager David Moyes a ‘Dead Man Walking’ and facing the Old Trafford sack [Guardian]
- April 21, 2014
The Sun suggested it last night in their Monday morning edition, and now the Guardian have seriously cranked it up this afternoon.
While The Sun merely reported that the Manchester United board ‘have doubts’ about David Moyes after the Everton defeat, the Guardian are unequivocal: David Moyes is now a Dead Man Walking, and is imminently’facing the sack at Old Trafford.
According to Jamie Jackson’s article, it’s a matter of time before Moyes is sacked, though concretely, Jackson cites no more evidence than The Sun, so it’s difficult to understand how he has justified such a spectacular and cocksure headline.
In fact, the only sources of evidence Jackson musters are Rio Ferdinand’s tweet and Juan Mata’s blog, neither of which point the finger in any way at Moyes, and merely voice general frustration.
Make of it what you will, but what’s sure is this is the most categorical any article has been to date on Moyes’ future.
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi