Manchester United manager David Moyes a ‘Dead Man Walking’ and facing the Old Trafford sack [Guardian]
The Sun suggested it last night in their Monday morning edition, and now the Guardian have seriously cranked it up this afternoon.
While The Sun merely reported that the Manchester United board ‘have doubts’ about David Moyes after the Everton defeat, the Guardian are unequivocal: David Moyes is now a Dead Man Walking, and is imminently’facing the sack at Old Trafford.
According to Jamie Jackson’s article, it’s a matter of time before Moyes is sacked, though concretely, Jackson cites no more evidence than The Sun, so it’s difficult to understand how he has justified such a spectacular and cocksure headline.
In fact, the only sources of evidence Jackson musters are Rio Ferdinand’s tweet and Juan Mata’s blog, neither of which point the finger in any way at Moyes, and merely voice general frustration.
Make of it what you will, but what’s sure is this is the most categorical any article has been to date on Moyes’ future.
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes mocked after sharing his tactics pre Liverpool gameNovember 25, 2016
- David Moyes thinks Mourinho’s struggles put his Man United reign in contextNovember 5, 2016
- Things go from bad to worse for Sunderland and David MoyesNovember 1, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne hits the crossbar from five yards out against Chelsea (Video)December 3, 2016
- Mourinho insists he had Herculean workload to recalibrate Man United from Van Gaal era (Video)December 3, 2016
- Anthony Martial calls his performance vs West Ham a ‘confidence boost’ (Video)December 3, 2016
- The Defeated One? Jose Mourinho admits he may never win PL title at Manchester UnitedDecember 3, 2016