- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Manchester United make £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, but no interest in Cuadrado [Independent]
With speculation increasingly rife over the past number of days, Manchester United have now made a £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, according to Sam Wallace at The Independent.
The thinking behind the bid, Wallace says, is to ease the pressure on 19 year old Luke Shaw – who Van Gaal criticised for being unfit in pre-season, and who could be facing an injury layoff in any case.
Southampton have already had a £12m offer rejected, and after prevaricating for too long over whether to make a second bid, United have swooped in with their offer.
Rojo’s made his desire to leave clear, with United his favoured club and destination; now it’s down to Sporting, and whether they want to play hard or soft ball.
Meanwhile, Wallace claims that Man United have no interest in signing Cuadrado; having watched and scouted him over the summer, they’ve decided that he isn’t what they’re looking for.
- Updated: August 13, 2014