Manchester United make £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, but no interest in Cuadrado [Independent]
- August 13, 2014
With speculation increasingly rife over the past number of days, Manchester United have now made a £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, according to Sam Wallace at The Independent.
The thinking behind the bid, Wallace says, is to ease the pressure on 19 year old Luke Shaw – who Van Gaal criticised for being unfit in pre-season, and who could be facing an injury layoff in any case.
Southampton have already had a £12m offer rejected, and after prevaricating for too long over whether to make a second bid, United have swooped in with their offer.
Rojo’s made his desire to leave clear, with United his favoured club and destination; now it’s down to Sporting, and whether they want to play hard or soft ball.
Meanwhile, Wallace claims that Man United have no interest in signing Cuadrado; having watched and scouted him over the summer, they’ve decided that he isn’t what they’re looking for.
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- After leaving Man United, Angel Di Maria enjoys himself with his new PSG buddies (Insta...
- Devante Cole son of Man United legend Andy Cole scores 94th minute debut winner for Bra...
- Belgian fans overwhelmingly believe Kevin de Bruyne should have joined Man United, not ...
- Jonny Evans reveals his move from Man United to West Brom took a month to finalise (Video)
- Wayne Rooney helps Louis van Gaal pick Man United’s team & coaching staff [Sun]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...