Manchester United make £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, but no interest in Cuadrado [Independent]
- August 13, 2014
With speculation increasingly rife over the past number of days, Manchester United have now made a £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, according to Sam Wallace at The Independent.
The thinking behind the bid, Wallace says, is to ease the pressure on 19 year old Luke Shaw – who Van Gaal criticised for being unfit in pre-season, and who could be facing an injury layoff in any case.
Southampton have already had a £12m offer rejected, and after prevaricating for too long over whether to make a second bid, United have swooped in with their offer.
Rojo’s made his desire to leave clear, with United his favoured club and destination; now it’s down to Sporting, and whether they want to play hard or soft ball.
Meanwhile, Wallace claims that Man United have no interest in signing Cuadrado; having watched and scouted him over the summer, they’ve decided that he isn’t what they’re looking for.
- Real Madrid are optimistic Sergio Ramos will sign a new deal, but Man United haven̵...
- Man United’s Angel Di Maria is in Doha for his PSG medical [Pictures]
- Marca predict David De Gea will move from Man United to Real Madrid this week
- Wayne Rooney glad to get a good reception on Everton return for Duncan Ferguson’s...
- Man United striker Wayne Rooney received awesome welcome at Everton (video)
- “Spineless snake” – Furious Man United fans hit out at PSG bound Ange...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi