Manchester United make £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, but no interest in Cuadrado [Independent]
- August 13, 2014
With speculation increasingly rife over the past number of days, Manchester United have now made a £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, according to Sam Wallace at The Independent.
The thinking behind the bid, Wallace says, is to ease the pressure on 19 year old Luke Shaw – who Van Gaal criticised for being unfit in pre-season, and who could be facing an injury layoff in any case.
Southampton have already had a £12m offer rejected, and after prevaricating for too long over whether to make a second bid, United have swooped in with their offer.
Rojo’s made his desire to leave clear, with United his favoured club and destination; now it’s down to Sporting, and whether they want to play hard or soft ball.
Meanwhile, Wallace claims that Man United have no interest in signing Cuadrado; having watched and scouted him over the summer, they’ve decided that he isn’t what they’re looking for.
- Man United prepare new Schneiderlin bid in hope of having him for pre-season tour
- Manchester United Superfan Ray explains why he thinks his club is biggest in the world ...
- Atletico Madrid close in on Manchester United target Nicolas Gaitan [Record]
- Manchester United lay down gauntlet to Real Madrid: No Sergio Ramos, no David De Gea [G...
- Man Utd’s Memphis Depay posts video of himself pushing a baby’s pram on cha...
- Hardball: Man United will only sell De Gea to Real Madrid if they get Ramos
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi