- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Manchester United make £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, but no interest in Cuadrado [Independent]
With speculation increasingly rife over the past number of days, Manchester United have now made a £15m offer for Marcos Rojo, according to Sam Wallace at The Independent.
The thinking behind the bid, Wallace says, is to ease the pressure on 19 year old Luke Shaw – who Van Gaal criticised for being unfit in pre-season, and who could be facing an injury layoff in any case.
Southampton have already had a £12m offer rejected, and after prevaricating for too long over whether to make a second bid, United have swooped in with their offer.
Rojo’s made his desire to leave clear, with United his favoured club and destination; now it’s down to Sporting, and whether they want to play hard or soft ball.
Meanwhile, Wallace claims that Man United have no interest in signing Cuadrado; having watched and scouted him over the summer, they’ve decided that he isn’t what they’re looking for.
- Updated: August 13, 2014