Manchester United line up final £35m Cesc Fabregas offer [Guardian]
Manchester United’s move for Cesc Fabregas appears to be heading into the final stages, according to the Sports pages of The Guardian on Tuesday.
Jamie Jackson reports that Manchester United are “considering shattering their record transfer fee” with a 35 million pound bid for Cesc Fabregas.
So far the Premier League champions have had two bids for Fabregas rejected by Barcelona with the latest reportedly at 30 million pounds.
Much will depend on how new Barcelona coach Tata Martino views Fabregas’ role at the Nou Camp with the Argentine expected to formally take over this week.
New Manchester United boss David Moyes said earlier on Monday in Japan on the Fabregas offers: “As I understand it, Ed (Woodward) had a response (to the first offer). We have made a second offer but Ed is dealing with it rather than me.”
The Guardian Sports page makes no mention of Arsenal’s buy-back clause in Cesc Fabregas’ contract and the general feeling is that the Gunners will not be moving for their former captain.
Whether Barcelona will let Fabregas leave or if the player would move to Old Trafford, remains unknown.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez reveals plans to return to former clubOctober 25, 2016
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea for Man City [Sun]October 23, 2016
- Antonio Conte’s description of Fabregas injury leads to hilarious misunderstanding (Video)October 22, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas’s wife comments on speculation about him moving to AC MilanOctober 17, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc announces a new member of the Fabregas family on InstagramOctober 16, 2016
- Man United to sell Henrikh Mkhitaryan [Sun]October 26, 2016
- Eric Bailly gives injury update, Timothy Fosu-Mensah wishes him a speedy recoveryOctober 25, 2016
- Jose Mourinho has told Wayne Rooney’s agent he’ll have to leave for regular football (Video)October 25, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho discusses his house-hunting dilemma (Video)October 25, 2016