Manchester United line up final £35m Cesc Fabregas offer [Guardian]
- July 22, 2013
Manchester United’s move for Cesc Fabregas appears to be heading into the final stages, according to the Sports pages of The Guardian on Tuesday.
Jamie Jackson reports that Manchester United are “considering shattering their record transfer fee” with a 35 million pound bid for Cesc Fabregas.
So far the Premier League champions have had two bids for Fabregas rejected by Barcelona with the latest reportedly at 30 million pounds.
Much will depend on how new Barcelona coach Tata Martino views Fabregas’ role at the Nou Camp with the Argentine expected to formally take over this week.
New Manchester United boss David Moyes said earlier on Monday in Japan on the Fabregas offers: “As I understand it, Ed (Woodward) had a response (to the first offer). We have made a second offer but Ed is dealing with it rather than me.”
The Guardian Sports page makes no mention of Arsenal’s buy-back clause in Cesc Fabregas’ contract and the general feeling is that the Gunners will not be moving for their former captain.
Whether Barcelona will let Fabregas leave or if the player would move to Old Trafford, remains unknown.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...