Manchester United line up final £35m Cesc Fabregas offer [Guardian]
- July 22, 2013
Manchester United’s move for Cesc Fabregas appears to be heading into the final stages, according to the Sports pages of The Guardian on Tuesday.
Jamie Jackson reports that Manchester United are “considering shattering their record transfer fee” with a 35 million pound bid for Cesc Fabregas.
So far the Premier League champions have had two bids for Fabregas rejected by Barcelona with the latest reportedly at 30 million pounds.
Much will depend on how new Barcelona coach Tata Martino views Fabregas’ role at the Nou Camp with the Argentine expected to formally take over this week.
New Manchester United boss David Moyes said earlier on Monday in Japan on the Fabregas offers: “As I understand it, Ed (Woodward) had a response (to the first offer). We have made a second offer but Ed is dealing with it rather than me.”
The Guardian Sports page makes no mention of Arsenal’s buy-back clause in Cesc Fabregas’ contract and the general feeling is that the Gunners will not be moving for their former captain.
Whether Barcelona will let Fabregas leave or if the player would move to Old Trafford, remains unknown.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]