Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton realistic about England’s WC, dreams of Cristiano Ronaldo returning
- June 3, 2014
Manchester United legend (and director) Sir Bobby Charlton has given an interesting and eloquent interview ahead of the World Cup.
The 1996 World Cup winner sincerely believes that due to the immense quality at this summer’s World Cup, and the fact it’s taking place in South America, that England can’t win, but he equally feels they won’t ‘be ashamed’ either.
Moving on to the stars, Sir Bobby believes Ronaldo will shine in Brazil, and says every time he watches him, he laments that England can’t produce such players.
And Charlton said that deep down, he wistfully wishes that Cristiano may come back to Manchester one day.
Keep dreaming Bobby?
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]