- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer recreates ’99 Champions League final goal celebration at Molde 2 – Rosenborg 0
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s winning goal in the 1999 Champions will live long in the memory and 13 years later the Manchester United legend has recreated the famous knee slide at the end of Molde’s 2-0 win over Rosenborg in the Eliteserien on Sunday.
As Sir Alex Ferguson’s current Manchester United side were securing a massive 3-2 Premier League win at Chelsea on Sunday, Solskjaer’s Molde were taking on Rosenborg in a 1st v 2nd clash in Norway’s top division.
As expected, it was a fiercely contested encounter with Molde taking the lead on the hour and Rosenborg pressed hard in the final few minutes.
In injury time, Rosenborg keeper Daniel Orlund made his way upfield, which allowed Molde to break and score the winner through Etzaz Hussain on 94 minutes.
Cue, a crazed celebration from Solskjaer as he slid on his knees, just as he had done in the Nou Camp in 1999 after scoring Manchester United’s dramatic second goal against Bayern Munich.
Afterwards, Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the Norwegian press: “I am going to have to buy some new pants! You get carried away when the grass is so smooth!”
Match winner Etzaz Hussein meanwhile compared Solskjaer’s celebration to that of a Jose Mourinho special.
The video below has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer celebrating like its 1999! The second video, after the jump, is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s goal and celebration versus Bayern Munich.
- Updated: October 28, 2012