Manchester United join the race for Edinson Cavani [Tuesday Daily Mirror backpage]
- June 24, 2013
It was thought to be a 2-horse race for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani between Chelsea and Real Madrid – now the Daily Mirror lead their football coverage tomorrow with the suggestion that David Moyes and Manchester United are also keen on last season’s top goal scorer in Serie A.
Just a couple of days ago, Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis suggested Cavani would decide his future by July 10, after the Confederations Cup.
It is possible Cavani will even stay at Napoli, who play in the Champions League next season.
Whilst the suggestion that this “places Wayne Rooney’s future in doubt at Old Trafford” will sell newspapers, it is questionable whether United are in for Cavani.
They have enough striking options if Rooney were to leave and Cavani and Robin van Persie don’t look like the most natural fit.
Plus, would Manchester United splash out 63 million euros (Cavani’s release clause) when David Moyes needs to strengthen his midfield?
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi