- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Manchester United have offered Patrice Evra a new 3-year contract in past few days
It looks like a change of manager at Manchester United could have long term implications for any number of star players at Old Trafford.
Reliable Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Manchester United have offered Patrice Evra a new deal.
The French full back is out of contract at the end of the season and is believed to have been one of the first team players disenchanted with David Moyes.
Leighton Baines was heavily linked with Manchester United during Moyes’ time in charge at Manchester United.
The most recent reports suggest Manchester United are closing in on young Southampton left back Luke Shaw, who they expect to sign ahead of Chelsea.
It could well be that the departure of Moyes and the fact they need a back-up left back to teach Shaw the ropes at Old Trafford, will see Evra stay on at the current Premier League champions.
— Gianluca Di Marzio (@DiMarzio) April 23, 2014
- Updated: April 24, 2014