Manchester United have no interest in signing Feyenoord’s Stefan de Vrij [RTV Rijnmond]
- July 27, 2014
There has been much paper talk in the past few weeks over Manchester United’s rumoured interest in Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij.
De Vrij was an ever-present in Louis van Gaal’s Dutch side at the 2014 World Cup, and that has lead to almost daily speculation in the English press that United are ready to bid £10 million for the 22-year-old. Indeed, de Vrij was named as a target for Man United in this weekend’s edition of the Sunday Sun.
Now, however, local Dutch news agency RTV Rijnmond have given an update in the de Vrij transfer situation, announcing that Manchester United have “no interest” in moving for the centre-half.
Aside from United, Lazio have been revealed as the other club interested in buying the Dutch defender, but the Italians have so far seen negotiations flounder.
De Vrij is under contract at Feyenoord until 2015, and the defender is reportedly refusing to sign a contract extension in an effort to move to a bigger club.
- Southampton star Graziano Pelle gave a disabled Feyenoord fan his shirt (Video)
- Graziano Pelle scores on Feyenoord return, Southampton win 3-0 at De Kuip (Official Hig...
- Jordy Clasie’s 1st interview after joining Southampton from Feyenoord [video]
- Jordy Clasie will sign for Southampton on Wednesday [De Telegraaf]
- Jordy Clasie to join Saints on Tuesday after Morgan Schneiderlin’s Man United mov...
- Off to Southampton? Jordy Clasie dropped in a friendly, dominos line up for Morgan Schn...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi