- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
- Bournemouth 1 – Liverpool 3: Reds set up Chelsea semifinal as Sterling shines [Official highlights]
- Incredible Barcelona-esque tiki taka football produced by Thailand against Malaysia [Video]
Manchester United have no interest in signing Feyenoord’s Stefan de Vrij [RTV Rijnmond]
There has been much paper talk in the past few weeks over Manchester United’s rumoured interest in Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij.
De Vrij was an ever-present in Louis van Gaal’s Dutch side at the 2014 World Cup, and that has lead to almost daily speculation in the English press that United are ready to bid £10 million for the 22-year-old. Indeed, de Vrij was named as a target for Man United in this weekend’s edition of the Sunday Sun.
Now, however, local Dutch news agency RTV Rijnmond have given an update in the de Vrij transfer situation, announcing that Manchester United have “no interest” in moving for the centre-half.
Aside from United, Lazio have been revealed as the other club interested in buying the Dutch defender, but the Italians have so far seen negotiations flounder.
De Vrij is under contract at Feyenoord until 2015, and the defender is reportedly refusing to sign a contract extension in an effort to move to a bigger club.
- Updated: July 27, 2014