Manchester United have no interest in signing Feyenoord’s Stefan de Vrij [RTV Rijnmond]
- July 27, 2014
There has been much paper talk in the past few weeks over Manchester United’s rumoured interest in Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij.
De Vrij was an ever-present in Louis van Gaal’s Dutch side at the 2014 World Cup, and that has lead to almost daily speculation in the English press that United are ready to bid £10 million for the 22-year-old. Indeed, de Vrij was named as a target for Man United in this weekend’s edition of the Sunday Sun.
Now, however, local Dutch news agency RTV Rijnmond have given an update in the de Vrij transfer situation, announcing that Manchester United have “no interest” in moving for the centre-half.
Aside from United, Lazio have been revealed as the other club interested in buying the Dutch defender, but the Italians have so far seen negotiations flounder.
De Vrij is under contract at Feyenoord until 2015, and the defender is reportedly refusing to sign a contract extension in an effort to move to a bigger club.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...