Manchester United have no interest in signing Feyenoord’s Stefan de Vrij [RTV Rijnmond]
- July 27, 2014
There has been much paper talk in the past few weeks over Manchester United’s rumoured interest in Feyenoord defender Stefan de Vrij.
De Vrij was an ever-present in Louis van Gaal’s Dutch side at the 2014 World Cup, and that has lead to almost daily speculation in the English press that United are ready to bid £10 million for the 22-year-old. Indeed, de Vrij was named as a target for Man United in this weekend’s edition of the Sunday Sun.
Now, however, local Dutch news agency RTV Rijnmond have given an update in the de Vrij transfer situation, announcing that Manchester United have “no interest” in moving for the centre-half.
Aside from United, Lazio have been revealed as the other club interested in buying the Dutch defender, but the Italians have so far seen negotiations flounder.
De Vrij is under contract at Feyenoord until 2015, and the defender is reportedly refusing to sign a contract extension in an effort to move to a bigger club.
- PSV v Feyenoord: Watch a Live Stream
- Awesome: Ex Liverpool star Dirk Kuyt tells his kids he’s returning to Feyenoord (...
- Feyenoord defender celebrates like he scored a goal after making goalline clearance (Vi...
- Two photographers had a fight after Dirk Kuyt scored on his Feyenoord debut v Utrecht (...
- Feyenoord v FC Utrecht
- Southampton star Graziano Pelle gave a disabled Feyenoord fan his shirt (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...