Manchester United consider swapping Shinji Kagawa for Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus [The Times]
When was the last time two top class internationals swapped clubs?
The Times of London have a big transfer story on the backpage of their broadsheet on Tuesday, under the headline “United target Reus swap to make up for Kagawa flop”.
According to James Ducker:
Manchester United are weighing up an ambitious move in January for Marco Reus, the Borussia Dortmund midfielder, as part of a deal that could lead to Shinji Kagawa returning to the German club.
The 24-year-old, who has 3½ years left to run on a contract that is reported to include a buyout clause of €35 million (about £29 million), also has seven goals in 17 appearances for Germany and has been linked with several leading European clubs.
Klopp’s desire to take Kagawa back to Dortmund is still strong, although it remains to be seen if he would be prepared to part company with Reus, especially in mid-season.
Ilkay Gundogan, Reus’s Dortmund and Germany team-mate, has also been scouted by United but the extent of their interest in the defensive midfielder is unclear. United could also move in January for Luke Shaw, the Southampton and England Under-21 left back, who is considered a more attainable target than Leighton Baines, of Everton.
What seems apparent is that the current Manchester United squad is still not working for David Moyes in the manner which the Scot would like, and the search for new recruits is undoubtedly focusing attentions.
Yet the thought the United and Dortmund could agree a deal in which Ries and Kagawa swapped their current homes seems, at this stage, to be little more than paper talk.
Moreover, Reus told German paper Bild just last week: I am in Dortmund and I intend to stay here. We have a great group and I want to win titles with Borussia.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool target Raphael Guerreiro savages Journo claiming Dortmund move is close [Tweet]May 27th, 2016
- Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic (17) was too strong & skilful for two Ecuador players (Vi...May 26th, 2016
- Manchester City to announce £20m deal for Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan today [BILD]May 24th, 2016
- Man City set to spent big money on BVB’s Ilkay Gundogan even though he’s injured [Kic...May 22nd, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand reveals Paul Pogba, Adnan Januzaj & Jesse Lingard used to lo...May 27th, 2016
- Wayne Rooney lashes home 52nd England goal against Australia (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Marcus Rashford becomes youngest ever player to score on England debut (Videos)May 27th, 2016
- Twitter goes nuts as Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford scores 135 seconds into his England debutMay 27th, 2016
- Liverpool MOTM Mamadou Sakho got Marco Reus’s Dortmund shirt after 1-1 draw [Picture]April 8th, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus photographed in Liverpool shirt aged 11 [Picture]April 8th, 2016
- Marco Reus admits to laughing after Borussia Dortmund drew Jurgen Klopp’s LiverpoolMarch 30th, 2016
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang stars in a new music video titled ‘Aubameyang’, Marco Reus ...March 26th, 2016