Manchester United consider swapping Shinji Kagawa for Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus [The Times]
When was the last time two top class internationals swapped clubs?
The Times of London have a big transfer story on the backpage of their broadsheet on Tuesday, under the headline “United target Reus swap to make up for Kagawa flop”.
According to James Ducker:
Manchester United are weighing up an ambitious move in January for Marco Reus, the Borussia Dortmund midfielder, as part of a deal that could lead to Shinji Kagawa returning to the German club.
The 24-year-old, who has 3½ years left to run on a contract that is reported to include a buyout clause of €35 million (about £29 million), also has seven goals in 17 appearances for Germany and has been linked with several leading European clubs.
Klopp’s desire to take Kagawa back to Dortmund is still strong, although it remains to be seen if he would be prepared to part company with Reus, especially in mid-season.
Ilkay Gundogan, Reus’s Dortmund and Germany team-mate, has also been scouted by United but the extent of their interest in the defensive midfielder is unclear. United could also move in January for Luke Shaw, the Southampton and England Under-21 left back, who is considered a more attainable target than Leighton Baines, of Everton.
What seems apparent is that the current Manchester United squad is still not working for David Moyes in the manner which the Scot would like, and the search for new recruits is undoubtedly focusing attentions.
Yet the thought the United and Dortmund could agree a deal in which Ries and Kagawa swapped their current homes seems, at this stage, to be little more than paper talk.
Moreover, Reus told German paper Bild just last week: I am in Dortmund and I intend to stay here. We have a great group and I want to win titles with Borussia.
Watch Live Stream
- Real Madrid stars spotted discussing Keylor Navas’ error at half time of Dortmund match (video)September 28, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo accused of kicking out at Marcel Schmelzer [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- Luca Zidane concedes goal against Dortmund after dribbling adventure goes wrong (Video)September 27, 2016
- Details of when Arsenal tried to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang [El Confidencial]September 27, 2016
- Sam Allardyce blames ex-Man United player/agent in first interview since England exit (Video)September 28, 2016
- Eric Abidal’s incredible 2011 CL final story about angry Man United playersSeptember 28, 2016
- Marcus Rashford talks about playing with Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Alex Hunter in FIFA 17 (Video)September 28, 2016
- Hilarious video of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s target practice on a friend emergesSeptember 28, 2016
- Arsenal’s summer 2016 #madness revealed by Twitter user @AFCAMDENSeptember 15, 2016
- FIFA 17 creators got Marco Reus to show off new gameplay at GamesCOM (Video)August 22, 2016
- Shinji Kagawa on how he helped Marco Reus feature on the global cover of FIFA 17 (Video)July 23, 2016
- Confirmed: Marco Reus beats Man United & Chelsea stars to front cover of FIFA 17July 21, 2016