Manchester United consider a new bid for Real Madrid’s €100m man Gareth Bale next summer [Sunday Times]
- October 27, 2013
The front page of the sports section of the Sunday Times delivers a transfer bombshell as we read “United keep tabs on £85m Bale.”
Manchester United fans, however, should inject themselves with a large pinch of salt before the get too carried away with Jonathan Northcroft and Duncan Castles’ transfer gossip piece as, even if there is an air of truth about the story, it seems a long time before Bale leaves Madrid.
According to the Sunday Times:
Manchester United are monitoring Gareth Bale’s adaptation at Real Madrid in the hope of bringing the Welshman back to the Premier League. With Madrid president Florentino Perez already under pressure for sanctioning Bale’s world-record £85m fee and the player targeted by sceptical Spanish media, United believe it may be possible to broker a deal by the coming summer.
Bale’s first two months at Madrid have been clouded by injury and media criticism. United’s calculation is that such pressures could play hard enough on Bale and Perez to leave them receptive to a summer transfer.
A copy of the front page of the Sunday Times’ sports section this weekend can be read below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...