Manchester United consider a new bid for Real Madrid’s €100m man Gareth Bale next summer [Sunday Times]
- October 27, 2013
The front page of the sports section of the Sunday Times delivers a transfer bombshell as we read “United keep tabs on £85m Bale.”
Manchester United fans, however, should inject themselves with a large pinch of salt before the get too carried away with Jonathan Northcroft and Duncan Castles’ transfer gossip piece as, even if there is an air of truth about the story, it seems a long time before Bale leaves Madrid.
According to the Sunday Times:
Manchester United are monitoring Gareth Bale’s adaptation at Real Madrid in the hope of bringing the Welshman back to the Premier League. With Madrid president Florentino Perez already under pressure for sanctioning Bale’s world-record £85m fee and the player targeted by sceptical Spanish media, United believe it may be possible to broker a deal by the coming summer.
Bale’s first two months at Madrid have been clouded by injury and media criticism. United’s calculation is that such pressures could play hard enough on Bale and Perez to leave them receptive to a summer transfer.
A copy of the front page of the Sunday Times’ sports section this weekend can be read below.
- Gareth Bale feels his Cyprus goal was his best ever header (Video)
- Gareth Bale & Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey celebrate Wales win over Cyprus on Inst...
- Almost There: Gareth Bale & Ashley Williams delighted with Wales grinding out 1-0 ...
- Gareth Bale’s bullet header gives Wales 1-0 win in Cyprus (Videos)
- Real Madrid star Gareth Bale scores brilliant behind-the-goal goal on Wales duty (Video)
- Bale & James bag braces as Real Madrid smash Real Betis 5-1 (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...