- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
Manchester United consider a new bid for Real Madrid’s €100m man Gareth Bale next summer [Sunday Times]
The front page of the sports section of the Sunday Times delivers a transfer bombshell as we read “United keep tabs on £85m Bale.”
Manchester United fans, however, should inject themselves with a large pinch of salt before the get too carried away with Jonathan Northcroft and Duncan Castles’ transfer gossip piece as, even if there is an air of truth about the story, it seems a long time before Bale leaves Madrid.
According to the Sunday Times:
Manchester United are monitoring Gareth Bale’s adaptation at Real Madrid in the hope of bringing the Welshman back to the Premier League. With Madrid president Florentino Perez already under pressure for sanctioning Bale’s world-record £85m fee and the player targeted by sceptical Spanish media, United believe it may be possible to broker a deal by the coming summer.
Bale’s first two months at Madrid have been clouded by injury and media criticism. United’s calculation is that such pressures could play hard enough on Bale and Perez to leave them receptive to a summer transfer.
A copy of the front page of the Sunday Times’ sports section this weekend can be read below.
- Updated: October 27, 2013