- Luis Figo announces his intentions to run against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President [Video]
- Arsenal man Mesut Ozil sends out (weird) emotional thank you video to all his fans [Video]
- Jose Mourinho blasts Jamie Redknapp & Rodgers; Bemoans media “campaign” against Diego Costa [Video]
- This week’s top 5 La Masia goals from Barcelona featured some absolute crackers [Video]
- Full video of homeless Cristiano Ronaldo playing with a kid before revealing himself [Video]
Manchester United closing in on Marcos Rojo as Argentine refuses to train with Sporting [Mirror]
Over the wekeend, Marcos Rojo showed a sudden fondness for all things Manchester United, by going on a United-themed following spree.
It looks like that was no coincidence: according to the Mirror, the Rabona-loving Argentine defender has demanded a transfer from Sporting, and refused to train yesterday.
Though primarily a full-back, Rojo can play right across the defensive line, and has been deployed at centre-half for Sporting during his time there.
Any deal to bring Rojo to United will be mired in a web of red tape, however, as Rojo has third-party ownership, which always add to complications.
And we all remember the last third party owned player Manchester United bought, a certain Carlitos…
- Updated: August 12, 2014