Manchester United closing in on Marcos Rojo as Argentine refuses to train with Sporting [Mirror]
Over the wekeend, Marcos Rojo showed a sudden fondness for all things Manchester United, by going on a United-themed following spree.
It looks like that was no coincidence: according to the Mirror, the Rabona-loving Argentine defender has demanded a transfer from Sporting, and refused to train yesterday.
Though primarily a full-back, Rojo can play right across the defensive line, and has been deployed at centre-half for Sporting during his time there.
Any deal to bring Rojo to United will be mired in a web of red tape, however, as Rojo has third-party ownership, which always add to complications.
And we all remember the last third party owned player Manchester United bought, a certain Carlitos…
Watch Live Stream
- Paul Pogba signs more Manchester United merchandise for fans [Instagram]July 30, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he left Timothy Fosu-Mensah out of squad to face Galatasaray [Quotes]July 30, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s move to Manchester United deemed ‘a formality’ [Times]July 30, 2016
- Well Duh: Mail write unbelievably obvious story about Sir Alex Ferguson & Paul PogbaJuly 30, 2016
- Sporting CP make the signing of the summerJuly 26, 2016
- Liverpool’s €40m bid for Joao Mario rejected by Sporting Lisbon [Diario de Noticias]July 26, 2016
- Sporting were hammered by PSV so their Twitter account eased supporter pain with GIFsJuly 18, 2016
- Liverpool may offload a midfielder to Sporting CP [Record]July 13, 2016