Manchester United closing in on Marcos Rojo as Argentine refuses to train with Sporting [Mirror]
Over the wekeend, Marcos Rojo showed a sudden fondness for all things Manchester United, by going on a United-themed following spree.
It looks like that was no coincidence: according to the Mirror, the Rabona-loving Argentine defender has demanded a transfer from Sporting, and refused to train yesterday.
Though primarily a full-back, Rojo can play right across the defensive line, and has been deployed at centre-half for Sporting during his time there.
Any deal to bring Rojo to United will be mired in a web of red tape, however, as Rojo has third-party ownership, which always add to complications.
And we all remember the last third party owned player Manchester United bought, a certain Carlitos…
Watch Live Stream
- The four youngest players to score for Jose Mourinho at either Man United or Chelsea [MOTD Stat]August 28, 2016
- Sun stitch up Jose Mourinho claiming he stole from builders, dredge up old Chelsea problemsAugust 28, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s awesome response to a Man United fan on TwitterAugust 27, 2016
- Man United tipped to sign Real Madrid star Gareth Bale in a BS article in the Sunday StarAugust 27, 2016
- Leicester beat West Brom to sign Islam Slimani [AS]August 27, 2016
- Arsenal’s Joel Campbell joins Sporting CP on loanAugust 21, 2016
- Man City plot the signing of a Portuguese Euro 2016 winner [Times]August 14, 2016
- Pep Guardiola targets Portugal Euro 2016 hero Rui Patricio to replace Joe Hart [Daily Record]August 13, 2016