Manchester United boss Van Gaal set to axe Fellaini, Nani, Kagawa, Zaha & Anderson [Mirror]
- August 4, 2014
Louis van Gaal admitted at his press conference today that he’s preparing some ‘face to face’ talks with the players he deems to be surplus to requirements.
So, just who are the unlucky few?
According to the Mirror, Marouane Fellaini, Nani, Shinji Kagawa, Wilfried Zaha and Anderson are all set to be invited for a sit-down with the new United manager, who’ll be telling them their futures lie elsewhere.
Of that list provided by the Mirror, Fellaini isn’t much of a surprise, as it’s believed there’s already been contact between the club and Napoli.
Zaha would possibly be a surprise, as he spoke recently of being told by Van Gaal that he may have a chance as a striker.
One name not on that list is Ashley Young, who many believed would have no chance under the Iron Tulip; but after scoring a brace as a wing-back against Real Madrid on Saturday, the English winger may have saved his skin.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]