- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
Manchester United are trying to out-muscle Arsenal for £37m target Julian Draxler [Star]
- March 17, 2014
The Star, a tabloid which has a horrendous track-record in getting transfer stories correct, claim on Monday that Manchester United are trying to out-muscle Arsenal for £37m target Julian Draxler.
Paul Hetherington is the hack responsible for spinning the story, which noticeably had no quotes and is remarkably thin on detail.
Stopping short of saying that Manchester United sent scouts to Germany this weekend to look at the 20-year-old, the Star report:
Manchester United are ready to battle Arsenal for German wonder-boy Julian Draxler.
United made another check on Arsenal’s £37million target in Schalke’s 2-1 win in Augsburg on Friday night.
United boss David Moyes has identified Germany as the place to recruit midfield talent. In addition to Draxler, United are in pole position to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogan.
Rumours have been rife in recent weeks that Bayern Munich put pressure on Schalke to hold on to Draxler until the summer when the German champions will make their move for the 20-year-old.
Schalke do not expect to hold on to Draxler at the end of the season but will be looking for a mammoth fee as the German international is contracted to the Bundesliga side until June 30, 2018.