- 14: Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored as many goals as Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez this season
- Banned driver Marco Reus has women asking to be his chauffeur on Facebook
- Madness! Jesina coach kicks ball onto pitch to stop Amiternina striker from scoring in Serie D [Video]
- Sunderland’s John’ O Shea: ‘I won’t be shaking Jack Colback’s hand before derby v Newcastle’
- His Name Is A Shop! Lenell John Lewis stars in Grimsby’s brilliant Christmas message [Video]
Manchester United are trying to out-muscle Arsenal for £37m target Julian Draxler [Star]
The Star, a tabloid which has a horrendous track-record in getting transfer stories correct, claim on Monday that Manchester United are trying to out-muscle Arsenal for £37m target Julian Draxler.
Paul Hetherington is the hack responsible for spinning the story, which noticeably had no quotes and is remarkably thin on detail.
Stopping short of saying that Manchester United sent scouts to Germany this weekend to look at the 20-year-old, the Star report:
Manchester United are ready to battle Arsenal for German wonder-boy Julian Draxler.
United made another check on Arsenal’s £37million target in Schalke’s 2-1 win in Augsburg on Friday night.
United boss David Moyes has identified Germany as the place to recruit midfield talent. In addition to Draxler, United are in pole position to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogan.
Rumours have been rife in recent weeks that Bayern Munich put pressure on Schalke to hold on to Draxler until the summer when the German champions will make their move for the 20-year-old.
Schalke do not expect to hold on to Draxler at the end of the season but will be looking for a mammoth fee as the German international is contracted to the Bundesliga side until June 30, 2018.
- Updated: March 17, 2014