Manchester United are trying to out-muscle Arsenal for £37m target Julian Draxler [Star]
- March 17, 2014
The Star, a tabloid which has a horrendous track-record in getting transfer stories correct, claim on Monday that Manchester United are trying to out-muscle Arsenal for £37m target Julian Draxler.
Paul Hetherington is the hack responsible for spinning the story, which noticeably had no quotes and is remarkably thin on detail.
Stopping short of saying that Manchester United sent scouts to Germany this weekend to look at the 20-year-old, the Star report:
Manchester United are ready to battle Arsenal for German wonder-boy Julian Draxler.
United made another check on Arsenal’s £37million target in Schalke’s 2-1 win in Augsburg on Friday night.
United boss David Moyes has identified Germany as the place to recruit midfield talent. In addition to Draxler, United are in pole position to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkay Gundogan.
Rumours have been rife in recent weeks that Bayern Munich put pressure on Schalke to hold on to Draxler until the summer when the German champions will make their move for the 20-year-old.
Schalke do not expect to hold on to Draxler at the end of the season but will be looking for a mammoth fee as the German international is contracted to the Bundesliga side until June 30, 2018.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi