Manchester United are hot on the trail of £30m Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke [Mirror]
A long-standing transfer rumour is resurrected in the Mirror on Boxing Day, as Manchester United are again linked with Atletico Madrid’s young midfielder Koke.
United’s interest in Koke has been reported ever since David Moyes was seen at Atletico’s 2-0 win over Porto in the Champions League on December 11th.
According to reports 21-year-old Koke has a €24m release clause in his contract, although claims in El Confidencial have Atletico demanding a ridiculous €60 million for the player.
This season Koke has lit up La Liga with his eight assists helping Atletico to 46 points in the league, level with Barcelona and five points clear of Real Madrid.
The ballgame seems to be that if Manchester United are prepared to pay over the odds, then Koke could move to Old Trafford this January. If United, however, don’t wish to pay top buck for the Spanish starlet, then Atletico will retain Koke’s services are their try to maintain their challenges in La Liga and the Champions League in the backend of the season.
Video evidence of Manchester United target Koke can be enjoyed below.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Arsene Wenger spent summer trying to sign Antoine Griezmann, move scuppered by Chelsea [Squawka]August 23, 2016
- Man Utd fans will love Antoine Griezmann’s reason for wearing Long Sleeved Number 7August 22, 2016
- Atletico Madrid 1 – Alaves 1: Late drama as the Rojiblancos drop two points (Official Video)August 22, 2016
- Don’t ever be late for a rendez-vous with Paul Pogba (Video)August 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho calls Manchester United’s Europa League group ‘Champions League’ (Video)August 26, 2016
- Man United starlet Andreas Pereira joins Granada on a season-long loanAugust 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Bayern after saying Schweinsteiger first-team return is ‘not impossible’ (Video)August 26, 2016