- The rise of Bayern Munich phenomenon Thomas Muller | Bundesliga profile video
- Jose Mourinho dismisses ‘Mickey Mouse sites and blogs’ linking Petr Cech with move away [Video]
- Flashback Friday! Luis Enrique scores for Barcelona in rout of Sevilla during 1996/97 season [Video]
- Aston Villa fan David Bradley (Game of Thrones character Walder Frey) helps the club celebrate 140 years
- Leonardo Ponzio (River) and Fernando Gago (Boca) clash in feisty Superclasico [Video]
Manchester United are hot on the trail of £30m Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke [Mirror]
A long-standing transfer rumour is resurrected in the Mirror on Boxing Day, as Manchester United are again linked with Atletico Madrid’s young midfielder Koke.
United’s interest in Koke has been reported ever since David Moyes was seen at Atletico’s 2-0 win over Porto in the Champions League on December 11th.
According to reports 21-year-old Koke has a €24m release clause in his contract, although claims in El Confidencial have Atletico demanding a ridiculous €60 million for the player.
This season Koke has lit up La Liga with his eight assists helping Atletico to 46 points in the league, level with Barcelona and five points clear of Real Madrid.
The ballgame seems to be that if Manchester United are prepared to pay over the odds, then Koke could move to Old Trafford this January. If United, however, don’t wish to pay top buck for the Spanish starlet, then Atletico will retain Koke’s services are their try to maintain their challenges in La Liga and the Champions League in the backend of the season.
Video evidence of Manchester United target Koke can be enjoyed below.
- Updated: December 25, 2013