Manchester United are hot on the trail of £30m Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke [Mirror]
- December 25, 2013
A long-standing transfer rumour is resurrected in the Mirror on Boxing Day, as Manchester United are again linked with Atletico Madrid’s young midfielder Koke.
United’s interest in Koke has been reported ever since David Moyes was seen at Atletico’s 2-0 win over Porto in the Champions League on December 11th.
According to reports 21-year-old Koke has a €24m release clause in his contract, although claims in El Confidencial have Atletico demanding a ridiculous €60 million for the player.
This season Koke has lit up La Liga with his eight assists helping Atletico to 46 points in the league, level with Barcelona and five points clear of Real Madrid.
The ballgame seems to be that if Manchester United are prepared to pay over the odds, then Koke could move to Old Trafford this January. If United, however, don’t wish to pay top buck for the Spanish starlet, then Atletico will retain Koke’s services are their try to maintain their challenges in La Liga and the Champions League in the backend of the season.
Video evidence of Manchester United target Koke can be enjoyed below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]