Manchester United agree to loan Angelo Henríquez to Zaragoza this season [AS]
Spanish news agency AS are reporting on Tuesday afternoon that Manchester United have agreed to loan Angelo Henríquez to Real Zaragoza for the 2013-14 season.
Back in August 2012, Manchester United signed the then 18-year-old striker Angelo Henriquez from Universidad de Chile for £4m.
Henriquez has since yet to make his debut for the Manchester United senior squad despite impressing in the reserves, while the now 19-year-old attacker scored one Premier League goal on loan at Wigan last season.
After continuing his goalscoring exploits for Chile at the U20 World Cup in Turkey in the summer, United have now agreed to loan the centre-forward to Real Zaragoza.
Zaragoza are currently in the second division in Spain having been relegated from La Liga last season.
According to AS, Zaragoza have agreed to foot 10% of Henríquez’s wages, which is said to work out at 100,000 euros.
Moreover, the loan deal fails to include an option for the Spaniards to buy the Man United at the end of his stay in Spain, while the attacker should receive his debut against Barcelona B this weekend.
Footage of Angelo Henríquez from this summer’s U20 World Cup can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- It will be cold: Zlatan Ibrahimovic previews Zorya v Man UnitedDecember 8, 2016
- Chelsea & Man United battle to sign a top Premier League defender in January [Times]December 8, 2016
- Man United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan offers blunt assessment of the Ukrainian League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones shows Zlatan how frozen the Zorya Luhansk pitch is (Video)December 8, 2016
- Man United’s Ander Herrera releases statement completely denying match-fixing on FacebookDecember 16, 2014
- Man United midfielder Ander Herrera now under investigation for match fixing [Marca]October 21, 2014
- Match highlights: Atletico Madrid’s Gabi admits match-fixing Real Zaragoza 2 – Levante 1 [Video]October 2, 2014
- MAD! Atletico Madrid captain Gabi admits his part in match-fixing scandal [El Mundo]October 2, 2014