Manchester United agree to loan Angelo Henríquez to Zaragoza this season [AS]
- August 27, 2013
Spanish news agency AS are reporting on Tuesday afternoon that Manchester United have agreed to loan Angelo Henríquez to Real Zaragoza for the 2013-14 season.
Back in August 2012, Manchester United signed the then 18-year-old striker Angelo Henriquez from Universidad de Chile for £4m.
Henriquez has since yet to make his debut for the Manchester United senior squad despite impressing in the reserves, while the now 19-year-old attacker scored one Premier League goal on loan at Wigan last season.
After continuing his goalscoring exploits for Chile at the U20 World Cup in Turkey in the summer, United have now agreed to loan the centre-forward to Real Zaragoza.
Zaragoza are currently in the second division in Spain having been relegated from La Liga last season.
According to AS, Zaragoza have agreed to foot 10% of Henríquez’s wages, which is said to work out at 100,000 euros.
Moreover, the loan deal fails to include an option for the Spaniards to buy the Man United at the end of his stay in Spain, while the attacker should receive his debut against Barcelona B this weekend.
Footage of Angelo Henríquez from this summer’s U20 World Cup can be seen below.
- Ashley Young agrees a new 3-year Man United contract [ESPN]
- Manchester United v Tottenham: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League opener
- Pep Guardiola backs Pedro to be a success at Man United, says he can play in any team i...
- Pep Guardiola claims Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger hasn’t been fully ...
- Anders Lindegaard set to leave Man United for free after talks with Louis van Gaal [Eks...
- Leaked images of Man United’s third kit from adidas store in Dubai [Pictures]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi