Manchester City’s Samir Nasri on exclusion from France World Cup squad: ‘That’s life, it’s good for my club!’ [Video]
Samir Nasri spoke to the local Abu Dhabi media after Man City’s friendly win over Al Ain this evening.
Nasri said it’s been great to finally get to meet their Emirati fans, as the United Arab Emirates has naturally become a stronghold of Man City support in recent years.
Asked by his interviewer about his World Cup exclusion, Nasri was very diplomatic, and seems to be over it already, saying: ‘Yeah, it wasn’t supposed to be like that, but that’s life!
It’s good for my club! I’ll rest all summer, go on holidays, and come back fresh for next season.’
So much for the theory of a petulant Samir Nasri being unable to accept managers’ decisions…
Watch Live Stream
- Man City fans prove Sergio Aguero didn’t connect with elbow & Andre Marriner saw incidentAugust 29, 2016
- Chelsea fans take to social media to slam Man City’s Sergio AgueroAugust 29, 2016
- Man City & Chelsea stars plus Marcus Rashford & Alexis Sanchez in the BBC XI of the weekAugust 29, 2016
- Raheem Sterling bemused at being told he’s been ‘reborn’ post-Man City 3 – West Ham 1 (Video)August 28, 2016
- Samir Nasri admits he could leave Man City, but not being forced out by Pep (Video)August 28, 2016
- Three Italian clubs are interested in signing Man City’s ‘overweight’ midfielder Samir Nasri [Express]August 11, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri stars in an Instagram video that shows drugs & women in Las VegasAugust 7, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola admits Samir Nasri is overweight & discusses John Stones (Video)July 28, 2016