Manchester City’s Samir Nasri on exclusion from France World Cup squad: ‘That’s life, it’s good for my club!’ [Video]
Samir Nasri spoke to the local Abu Dhabi media after Man City’s friendly win over Al Ain this evening.
Nasri said it’s been great to finally get to meet their Emirati fans, as the United Arab Emirates has naturally become a stronghold of Man City support in recent years.
Asked by his interviewer about his World Cup exclusion, Nasri was very diplomatic, and seems to be over it already, saying: ‘Yeah, it wasn’t supposed to be like that, but that’s life!
It’s good for my club! I’ll rest all summer, go on holidays, and come back fresh for next season.’
So much for the theory of a petulant Samir Nasri being unable to accept managers’ decisions…
Watch Live Stream
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne is injured, will miss Man United gameOctober 25, 2016
- Rap Battle: Pep Guardiola vs Jose Mourinho (video)October 25, 2016
- Man United v Man City: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Ilkay Gundogan gets a birthday cake from Man City fan, Yaya Toure won’t be happy [Tweet]October 24, 2016
- Mad Stat: Sevilla’s Samir Nasri is turning into Barcelona’s XaviOctober 19, 2016
- Samir Nasri arrives in Sevilla ahead of a loan move from Manchester City [Tweets]August 30, 2016
- Man City’s Samir Nasri plans to reject Besiktas & move to Spain instead [L’Equipe]August 30, 2016
- Samir Nasri admits he could leave Man City, but not being forced out by Pep (Video)August 28, 2016