- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
- Screamer: An 89th minute 45 yard golazo winner from the American 3rd tier [Video]
- Louis van Gaal got pretty angry with a journalist in Chelsea presser [video]
- Newcastle v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
Manchester City want Radamel Falcao, Monaco striker still keen on Real Madrid [AS]
- August 7, 2014
The future of Radamel Falcao will certainly be away from Ligue 1 side Monaco, if a report in AS on Thursday is to be believed.
The Spanish newspaper claims Manchester City have joined the race for Falcao and are desperate to land the Colombian striker for the 2014/2015 season.
Falcao is determined to leave Monaco and owner Dimitri Rybolovlev is well aware of this but the Colombian striker is still keen on a move to Real Madrid.
With regards to City, the Premier League side are looking for ways to bring in Falcao whilst still in accordance with FFP.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side have offered Monaco a loan deal, paying Falcao’s wages, also as a result of Falcao’s knee injury.
A “source close to Falcao” tells AS that “there is a 70% chance of signing for Madrid and 30% for City.”
Falcao’s agent Jorge Mendes has been pushing for a Real Madrid transfer for some time but Los Blancos are cautious having already nabbed James Rodriguez from Monaco this summer.
AS also add that Juventus are tracking developments with Falcao.
Karim Benzema signed a new contract at Real Madrid until 2019 yesterday, suggesting the European champions may not be looking for another front line striker.