Manchester City want Radamel Falcao, Monaco striker still keen on Real Madrid [AS]
The future of Radamel Falcao will certainly be away from Ligue 1 side Monaco, if a report in AS on Thursday is to be believed.
The Spanish newspaper claims Manchester City have joined the race for Falcao and are desperate to land the Colombian striker for the 2014/2015 season.
Falcao is determined to leave Monaco and owner Dimitri Rybolovlev is well aware of this but the Colombian striker is still keen on a move to Real Madrid.
With regards to City, the Premier League side are looking for ways to bring in Falcao whilst still in accordance with FFP.
Manuel Pellegrini’s side have offered Monaco a loan deal, paying Falcao’s wages, also as a result of Falcao’s knee injury.
A “source close to Falcao” tells AS that “there is a 70% chance of signing for Madrid and 30% for City.”
Falcao’s agent Jorge Mendes has been pushing for a Real Madrid transfer for some time but Los Blancos are cautious having already nabbed James Rodriguez from Monaco this summer.
AS also add that Juventus are tracking developments with Falcao.
Karim Benzema signed a new contract at Real Madrid until 2019 yesterday, suggesting the European champions may not be looking for another front line striker.
Watch Live Stream
- FPL managers rush to sell Sergio Aguero, Spurs & Chelsea men top replacementsDecember 4, 2016
- Steven Gerrard’s nephew Bobby Duncan scores a blinder for Man City U16 v Man United (Video)December 4, 2016
- Sergio Aguero’s foul on David Luiz branded ‘one of the worst tackles’ ever (MOTD Video)December 4, 2016
- Man City hint at tunnel bust-up with Chelsea on Tunnel Cam YouTube videoDecember 4, 2016
- Anthony Martial is four goals away from triggering the first Monaco bonus feeDecember 1, 2016
- Monaco post footage of Thomas Lemar’s winner v Tottenham (Official Video)November 23, 2016
- Save of the season: Hugo Lloris makes unbelievable point blank save during Monaco v Spurs (Video)November 22, 2016
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris makes a superb penalty save to deny Radamel Falcao (Video)November 22, 2016
- Radamel Falcao was on fire as Monaco beat CSKA Moscow 3-0 (Official Videos)November 3, 2016
- Radamel Falcao scores 2 goals for Monaco v CSKA Moscow (Video)November 2, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao scored yet again for Monaco today (Video)July 19, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao continues his excellent pre-season (Official Videos)July 14, 2016