Manchester City send Txiki Begiristain to Brazil in attempt to sign Neymar
- December 21, 2012
Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo report this afternoon that Manchester City sent director of football Txiki Begiristain to Santos earlier this week in an attempt to sign Brazilian wonderkid Neymar.
Begiristain travelled to Santos on Tuesday with the express aim of bringing 20-year-old Neymar to the Etihad Stadium and was accompanied by an intermediary called Joan Patsy from Sao Paulo.
The aim of the trip was to convince Neymar to join Manchester City. Manager Roberto Mancini is keen to bring in the Santos forward next season and the deal has bee given the green light by owner Sheikh Al-Mansour.
El Mundo Deportivo say Manchester City are keen to sign Neymar following their disappointing Champions League campaign.
However, Neymar’s preference remains Barcelona who have long been considered his most likely destination in Europe. The Catalan side are believed to have agreed a 40 million euro fee with Santos.
Footage of Neymar’s 2012 highlights can be seen on the video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”279523″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...