Manchester City reach terms with Pepe, hope to agree €18m fee with Real Madrid [Agência]
- July 8, 2013
Pepe llega a un acuerdo con el Manchester City. el club inglés Espera cerrar su fichaje por 17-18M€
— Agencia (@AgenciaNews) July 6, 2013
Brazilian media outlet Agência have used their Twitter account to report that Manchester CIty have agreed personal terms with Portuguese centre-half Pepe.
According to Agência, whilst Man City have negotiated personal terms with the player, the club still have to agree a transfer fee with Real Madrid. Agência believe that Los Blancos will sell the defender for a fee of €17 to €18 million.
Whether the deal comes to fruition remains to be seen, with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez having stated that Pepe is not for sale just several weeks back. That said, should the right price come in from City, most expect Real to sell.
Pepe is now viewed as surplus to requirements at the Santiago Bernabeu with the emergence of Raphael Varane. The young French centre-half looks set to be a mainstay alongside Sergio Ramos at the heart of Real’s defence this season.
Should Pepe arrive to the Premier League, one can assume the defender will instantly attract haters. Throughout his time at Real Madrid Pepe has been embroiled in controversies including dirty divers and nasty fouls.
Pepe currently earns 3.5 million euros at Real Madrid, whilst he is contracted until 2016 with Los Blancos.
- Anthony Martial’s 1st interview as a Manchester United player (video)
- Real Madrid will pay David De Gea €10 million in compensation after transfer promise (AS)
- New Man United signing Anthony Martial poses with club shirt (Video)
- Manchester United announce signing of Anthony Martial on four-year deal
- Man United turned down chance to sign Dortmund’s Marco Reus for £60 million (ESPN)
- Man United’s Ed Woodward & Real Madrid’s Florentino Perez in Supermark...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...