Manchester City reach terms with Pepe, hope to agree €18m fee with Real Madrid [Agência]
Pepe llega a un acuerdo con el Manchester City. el club inglés Espera cerrar su fichaje por 17-18M€
— Agencia (@AgenciaNews) July 6, 2013
Brazilian media outlet Agência have used their Twitter account to report that Manchester CIty have agreed personal terms with Portuguese centre-half Pepe.
According to Agência, whilst Man City have negotiated personal terms with the player, the club still have to agree a transfer fee with Real Madrid. Agência believe that Los Blancos will sell the defender for a fee of €17 to €18 million.
Whether the deal comes to fruition remains to be seen, with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez having stated that Pepe is not for sale just several weeks back. That said, should the right price come in from City, most expect Real to sell.
Pepe is now viewed as surplus to requirements at the Santiago Bernabeu with the emergence of Raphael Varane. The young French centre-half looks set to be a mainstay alongside Sergio Ramos at the heart of Real’s defence this season.
Should Pepe arrive to the Premier League, one can assume the defender will instantly attract haters. Throughout his time at Real Madrid Pepe has been embroiled in controversies including dirty divers and nasty fouls.
Pepe currently earns 3.5 million euros at Real Madrid, whilst he is contracted until 2016 with Los Blancos.
Watch Live Stream
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Juan Mata admits Manchester United’s 4-0 defeat to Chelsea was painful (Video)October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Eric Bailly suffers ‘really bad’ injury in Man United defeat at ChelseaOctober 23, 2016
- Incredible video of Cristiano Ronaldo’s rousing half-time speech in CL finalOctober 23, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo offends Buddhists on social mediaOctober 20, 2016