Manchester City reach terms with Pepe, hope to agree €18m fee with Real Madrid [Agência]
Pepe llega a un acuerdo con el Manchester City. el club inglés Espera cerrar su fichaje por 17-18M€
— Agencia (@AgenciaNews) July 6, 2013
Brazilian media outlet Agência have used their Twitter account to report that Manchester CIty have agreed personal terms with Portuguese centre-half Pepe.
According to Agência, whilst Man City have negotiated personal terms with the player, the club still have to agree a transfer fee with Real Madrid. Agência believe that Los Blancos will sell the defender for a fee of €17 to €18 million.
Whether the deal comes to fruition remains to be seen, with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez having stated that Pepe is not for sale just several weeks back. That said, should the right price come in from City, most expect Real to sell.
Pepe is now viewed as surplus to requirements at the Santiago Bernabeu with the emergence of Raphael Varane. The young French centre-half looks set to be a mainstay alongside Sergio Ramos at the heart of Real’s defence this season.
Should Pepe arrive to the Premier League, one can assume the defender will instantly attract haters. Throughout his time at Real Madrid Pepe has been embroiled in controversies including dirty divers and nasty fouls.
Pepe currently earns 3.5 million euros at Real Madrid, whilst he is contracted until 2016 with Los Blancos.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan offers blunt assessment of the Ukrainian League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones shows Zlatan how frozen the Zorya Luhansk pitch is (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s EL game at Zorya Luhansk under threat over icy conditionsDecember 7, 2016
- Mourinho-loving granny gets giant tattoo of the Special OneDecember 7, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals his career plans after football to FourFourTwoDecember 7, 2016
- Real Madrid defender Pepe posts his tax returns on InstagramDecember 7, 2016
- Neymar & Cristiano Ronaldo charge a fortune for their signatures [El Confidencial]December 7, 2016