- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
Manchester City prepared to stick with Manuel Pellegrini next season [Sun Sport]
After a smooth first half of the season, Man City’s title chase is unraveling at the last furlong, with just 1 point from their last 2 games.
Up to now, Pellegrini’s zen-like tranquility had been seen as a virtue, but now he’s being seen as a big meek and callow with the heat in the kitchen set to max.
Despite their dwindling title hopes, and the likelihood of finishing the season with just the league cup, the Sun report tomorrow that the Abu Dhabi Group owners are prepared to stick with the Chilean next season.
That would make a change in philosophy, given that the previous manager, Roberto Mancini, got the sack for failing to win the league; and this after winning it the previous year.
- Updated: April 17, 2014