Manchester City offer €30m for Jesus Navas, Sevilla winger wants to join Real Madrid [AS]
- May 28, 2013
The future of Sevilla winger Jesus Navas looks increasingly likely to be away from Sevilla, according to a report in Spanish paper AS today.
Manchester City have made a bid extremely close to Navas’ 30 million euro release clause.
AS say that Manchester City’s offer has not been formally submitted to Sevilla but representatives of the Premier League side have confirmed they are serious about signing Jesus Navas this summer.
The 27-year-old winger is preparing to leave Sevilla in the coming weeks but with a history of chronic homesickness, is keen to stay in Spain and Navas is angling for a move to Real Madrid.
Sevilla will sell Navas to their La Liga rivals but have urged Real Madrid, if they are interested, to offer a bid in the region of what City have already offered.
With Los Blancos set for a presidential election and without a coach with Jose Mourinho heading to Chelsea, Manchester City appear to be in pole position to sign the Spanish winger.
It seems likely that incoming Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini will head to the Etihad with the likes of Malaga starlet Isco and perhaps Jesus Navas from La Liga to supplement David Silva and Yaya Toure in midfield.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...