Manchester City in talks with Sevilla over signing striker Alvaro Negredo [AS]
- July 3, 2013
Spanish paper AS report this Wednesday afternoon that Manchester City have resumed talks with Sevilla over signing striker Alvaro Negrdeo.
It had been thought that Negredo was heading to Atletico Madrid but Sevilla president José María del Nido has lost patience with the side from the Spanish capital and resumed negotiations with Manchester City.
Txiki Begiristain is set to resume talks over signing Negredo, and Manchester City are eager to wrap up a deal quickly.
City have already signed Jesus Navas from Sevilla this summer so the discussion is expected to move swiftly.
Negredo looks set to sign a four-year deal, according to AS and has been pinpointed by new Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini as the perfect striker to replace Carlos Tevez who has joined Juventus.
Finally, AS confirm the news that Pellegrini was left disappointed by the fact City missed out on Isco, who was presented as a Real Madrid player today.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]