Manchester City in talks with Sevilla over signing striker Alvaro Negredo [AS]
- July 3, 2013
Spanish paper AS report this Wednesday afternoon that Manchester City have resumed talks with Sevilla over signing striker Alvaro Negrdeo.
It had been thought that Negredo was heading to Atletico Madrid but Sevilla president José María del Nido has lost patience with the side from the Spanish capital and resumed negotiations with Manchester City.
Txiki Begiristain is set to resume talks over signing Negredo, and Manchester City are eager to wrap up a deal quickly.
City have already signed Jesus Navas from Sevilla this summer so the discussion is expected to move swiftly.
Negredo looks set to sign a four-year deal, according to AS and has been pinpointed by new Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini as the perfect striker to replace Carlos Tevez who has joined Juventus.
Finally, AS confirm the news that Pellegrini was left disappointed by the fact City missed out on Isco, who was presented as a Real Madrid player today.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...