Manchester City considering a bid for Everton’s £25m-rated Ross Barkley [MEN]
Ross Barkley may not have got a lot of game time during England’s brief World Cup sojourn in Brazil, but the Everton attacking midfielder didn’t do his reputation any harm either.
Barkley lit up the scene with a thrilling performance in England’s pre-World Cup friendly against Ecuador, but then only played once England were out, in the dead rubber against Costa Rica.
Even still, Barkley emerged with his rep enhanced, and a move away from Goodison may be on the cards.
Manchester Evening News claim that Manchester City are weighing up a bid for the £25m-rated local Everton lad, which the Mancunian paper believe forms part of City’s ‘homegrown’ policy.
With the Premier League champions homegrown influence on the wain in their first team, Barkley would not only increase that influence, but add great quality to their attacking third.
(Via Manchester Evening News)
- Roberto Martinez and Everton players star in hammy half season ticket advert (Video)
- Everton & Liverpool players named in European team of the week [Gazzetta]
- BBC’s team of the week has Jamie Vardy & Harry Kane up front, Liverpool & Man Uni...
- Callum Connolly scores superb goal for Everton U21s v Porto (Video)
- Juventus U19 2 – Man City U19 1: Sky Blues punished for slack defending (Videos)
- Epic Fail: #FPL manager triple captained Eliaquim Mangala for Liverpool defeat
- Manchester City v Borussia Mönchengladbach: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- Twitter catches Ross Barkley fever after another impressive England performance (Tweets)
- Ross Barkley’s silky skills were a bit unfair on Estonia (Official Pitchside Cam)
- England’s Ross Barkley pleased with assist v Estonia (Video)
- Theo Walcott gives England lead via laser-assist from Ross Barkley v Estonia (Videos)