Manchester City considering a bid for Everton’s £25m-rated Ross Barkley [MEN]
- July 5, 2014
Ross Barkley may not have got a lot of game time during England’s brief World Cup sojourn in Brazil, but the Everton attacking midfielder didn’t do his reputation any harm either.
Barkley lit up the scene with a thrilling performance in England’s pre-World Cup friendly against Ecuador, but then only played once England were out, in the dead rubber against Costa Rica.
Even still, Barkley emerged with his rep enhanced, and a move away from Goodison may be on the cards.
Manchester Evening News claim that Manchester City are weighing up a bid for the £25m-rated local Everton lad, which the Mancunian paper believe forms part of City’s ‘homegrown’ policy.
With the Premier League champions homegrown influence on the wain in their first team, Barkley would not only increase that influence, but add great quality to their attacking third.
(Via Manchester Evening News)
- Aaron Lennon turns that frown upside down after completing move from Spurs to Everton (...
- Everton’s Gerard Deulofeu grabbed a goal & an assist as Spain U21s won (Videos)
- Everton legend Peter Reid praises John Stones for his professionalism (Video)
- Twitter congratulates Aaron Lennon for learning how to smile (Tweets)
- Everton celebrate Aaron Lennon’s signing from Spurs with a YouTube montage
- Watch Ramiro Funes Mori’s first interview as an Everton player (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...