Manchester City considering a bid for Everton’s £25m-rated Ross Barkley [MEN]
- July 5, 2014
Ross Barkley may not have got a lot of game time during England’s brief World Cup sojourn in Brazil, but the Everton attacking midfielder didn’t do his reputation any harm either.
Barkley lit up the scene with a thrilling performance in England’s pre-World Cup friendly against Ecuador, but then only played once England were out, in the dead rubber against Costa Rica.
Even still, Barkley emerged with his rep enhanced, and a move away from Goodison may be on the cards.
Manchester Evening News claim that Manchester City are weighing up a bid for the £25m-rated local Everton lad, which the Mancunian paper believe forms part of City’s ‘homegrown’ policy.
With the Premier League champions homegrown influence on the wain in their first team, Barkley would not only increase that influence, but add great quality to their attacking third.
(Via Manchester Evening News)
- Leeds pieced together an amazing team move as Alex Mowatt scored v Everton (Video)
- Everton v Villarreal: Watch a Live Stream of Duncan Ferguson’s testimonial, with Wayne ...
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho explains the rules of the transfer window to Everton (Video)
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on Chelsea’s pursuit of John Stones (Video)
- Man United are taking on Chelsea in the race to sign John Stones [Guardian]
- ‘Roberto Martinez’ bashes Chelsea’s disrespectful approach for John S...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi