- Man United star Juan Mata praises Radamel Falcao & Real Madrid in latest blog post
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says performance v Arsenal was better than 5-1 win last year [Video]
- Funny parody! Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher struggles on Mastermind [Video]
- Worst seat ever? Arsenal fan vents on social media about his £52 seat at Liverpool [Picture]
- Ex-US wunderkid Freddy Adu is unemployed again. FK Jagodina axe him after 0 games in 6 months
Manchester City considering a bid for Everton’s £25m-rated Ross Barkley [MEN]
Ross Barkley may not have got a lot of game time during England’s brief World Cup sojourn in Brazil, but the Everton attacking midfielder didn’t do his reputation any harm either.
Barkley lit up the scene with a thrilling performance in England’s pre-World Cup friendly against Ecuador, but then only played once England were out, in the dead rubber against Costa Rica.
Even still, Barkley emerged with his rep enhanced, and a move away from Goodison may be on the cards.
Manchester Evening News claim that Manchester City are weighing up a bid for the £25m-rated local Everton lad, which the Mancunian paper believe forms part of City’s ‘homegrown’ policy.
With the Premier League champions homegrown influence on the wain in their first team, Barkley would not only increase that influence, but add great quality to their attacking third.
(Via Manchester Evening News)
- Updated: July 5, 2014