Manchester City closing in on Victor Valdes to replace Joe Hart [El Mundo Deportivo]
- February 26, 2014
Catalan newspaper El Mundo Deportivo report today that Manchester City appear to be winning the race to sign Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes.
The current Spanish number one has let his contract run down at the Nou Camp as he seeks a new challenge having come through the ranks at Barcelona.
Monaco have long been favourites to sign Valdes with the goalkeeper open to a move to a club with an ambitious project and plenty of money in Ligue 1.
Valdes has even come to a preliminary agreement with Monaco in which El Mundo Deportivo have revealed today includes clauses allowing Manchester City (or any other club) to pay a small fee if they wish to sign the goalkeeper.
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has been recalled to the starting line-up after poor form earlier this season and it is understood Manuel Pellegrini is looking for a new custodian.
The presence of Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain, both formerly of Barcelona, is also encouraging for Valdes.
At 32, having played the best football of his life in the past couple of seasons, Valdes is also keen to play in the Premier League and would join a lot of Spaniards in the Manchester City dressing room.
The fact this article has been published just a week after Barcelona beat Manchester City at the Etihad is also likely significant and suggests this is a deal that could well happen.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...