- Charlton’s Johann Gudmundsson nets 88th minute howitzer to equalise v Cardiff [Official Video]
- Arsenal starlet Kris Olsson confirms permanent move to FC Midtjylland on Instagram
- Ex-Arsenal striker J.E.T. with the world’s slowest run up for a penalty for Bristol City [Official Video]
- Liverpool loanee Jordon Ibe stunning solo golazo for Derby v Birmingham [Official Video]
- Official Video: Emile Heskey (Bolton) debut goal off the bench ft. Cantona celebration & Eidur Gudjohnsen assist
Manchester City closing in on Victor Valdes to replace Joe Hart [El Mundo Deportivo]
Catalan newspaper El Mundo Deportivo report today that Manchester City appear to be winning the race to sign Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes.
The current Spanish number one has let his contract run down at the Nou Camp as he seeks a new challenge having come through the ranks at Barcelona.
Monaco have long been favourites to sign Valdes with the goalkeeper open to a move to a club with an ambitious project and plenty of money in Ligue 1.
Valdes has even come to a preliminary agreement with Monaco in which El Mundo Deportivo have revealed today includes clauses allowing Manchester City (or any other club) to pay a small fee if they wish to sign the goalkeeper.
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has been recalled to the starting line-up after poor form earlier this season and it is understood Manuel Pellegrini is looking for a new custodian.
The presence of Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain, both formerly of Barcelona, is also encouraging for Valdes.
At 32, having played the best football of his life in the past couple of seasons, Valdes is also keen to play in the Premier League and would join a lot of Spaniards in the Manchester City dressing room.
The fact this article has been published just a week after Barcelona beat Manchester City at the Etihad is also likely significant and suggests this is a deal that could well happen.
- Updated: February 26, 2014