Manchester City move for Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna, offer Frenchman a three-year deal [Guardian]
- March 26, 2014
Manchester City have made a move for Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna report the Guardian.
In a potentially big transfer story, Man City appear to have stolen a march on Inter Milan in the race for the Gunners 31-year-old French international defender.
Sagna’s contract at the Emirates expires at the end of the season, and to-date the two parties have been unable to agree an extension.
Arsenal have a track record in selling their players to Man City in recent years, with Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy all having left Arsene Wenger’s team to join the Citizens revolution.
Bacary Sagna has been offered a three-year deal by Manchester City and he will consider whether to become the latest Arsenal player to move between the clubs in the summer.
The offer of two more years at the Emirates Stadium is there for Sagna but he is holding out for three and he knows that City will give him what he wants, not to mention a significant increase on his £50,000-a-week salary.
Sagna is embroiled in a game of brinkmanship with Arsenal and he has not ruled out staying if the club were to give him the length of contract that he wants. He is in a strong position, with interest from elsewhere in his services. Liverpool and even Tottenham Hotspur would take him on a Bosman transfer (although the latter is a non-starter on Sagna’s side) while Inter Milan, Paris St-Germain and Monaco are also keen.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...