Manchester City move for Arsenal’s Bacary Sagna, offer Frenchman a three-year deal [Guardian]
- March 26, 2014
Manchester City have made a move for Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna report the Guardian.
In a potentially big transfer story, Man City appear to have stolen a march on Inter Milan in the race for the Gunners 31-year-old French international defender.
Sagna’s contract at the Emirates expires at the end of the season, and to-date the two parties have been unable to agree an extension.
Arsenal have a track record in selling their players to Man City in recent years, with Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Adebayor, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy all having left Arsene Wenger’s team to join the Citizens revolution.
Bacary Sagna has been offered a three-year deal by Manchester City and he will consider whether to become the latest Arsenal player to move between the clubs in the summer.
The offer of two more years at the Emirates Stadium is there for Sagna but he is holding out for three and he knows that City will give him what he wants, not to mention a significant increase on his £50,000-a-week salary.
Sagna is embroiled in a game of brinkmanship with Arsenal and he has not ruled out staying if the club were to give him the length of contract that he wants. He is in a strong position, with interest from elsewhere in his services. Liverpool and even Tottenham Hotspur would take him on a Bosman transfer (although the latter is a non-starter on Sagna’s side) while Inter Milan, Paris St-Germain and Monaco are also keen.
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Thierry Henry analyses Arsenal’s lack of signings, concedes Gunners will not win ...
- Rating the starting XIs of the Premier League top 6, ft. Chelsea & Arsenal (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...