- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Man United’s Wayne Rooney reignites Fergie feud, blaming the Scot for his poor form last season [Times]
When Sir Alex Ferguson was about to leave Old Trafford at the end of last season, it was clear his relationship with star player Wayne Rooney has completely broken down.
Rooney was dropped for Fergie’s final two games in charge and he looked destined to leave Manchester United in the summer after reportedly handing in a transfer request.
However, Rooney has re-found his form under new manager David Moyes and appears to be content at the club once again.
In his most recent interview, Rooney blamed legendary United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for his loss of form.
He said “Everyone at the club knew where I wanted to play and I think that’s why I was disappointed. I got told to play in midfield and I didn’t want to.”
“I just think there had to come a point when, for my own career, I had to be a bit selfish really.”
- Updated: October 9, 2013