Man United’s Wayne Rooney reignites Fergie feud, blaming the Scot for his poor form last season [Times]
- October 9, 2013
When Sir Alex Ferguson was about to leave Old Trafford at the end of last season, it was clear his relationship with star player Wayne Rooney has completely broken down.
Rooney was dropped for Fergie’s final two games in charge and he looked destined to leave Manchester United in the summer after reportedly handing in a transfer request.
However, Rooney has re-found his form under new manager David Moyes and appears to be content at the club once again.
In his most recent interview, Rooney blamed legendary United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for his loss of form.
He said “Everyone at the club knew where I wanted to play and I think that’s why I was disappointed. I got told to play in midfield and I didn’t want to.”
“I just think there had to come a point when, for my own career, I had to be a bit selfish really.”
- Barcelona president Jose Maria Bartomeu ‘does not foresee’ Pedro departure
- How high can Louis van Gaal take Man United after another big spending summer? (Video)
- PSG-bound Angel Di Maria fined £360,000 for missing Manchester United’s US Tour [...
- Twitter makes fun of Wayne Rooney’s handwriting
- Memphis Depay wears nearly £10k worth of fashion accessories on Manchester United’...
- Jese Lingard records funny header game on a GoPro with Manchester United teammates, goe...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi