Man United’s Wayne Rooney reignites Fergie feud, blaming the Scot for his poor form last season [Times]
When Sir Alex Ferguson was about to leave Old Trafford at the end of last season, it was clear his relationship with star player Wayne Rooney has completely broken down.
Rooney was dropped for Fergie’s final two games in charge and he looked destined to leave Manchester United in the summer after reportedly handing in a transfer request.
However, Rooney has re-found his form under new manager David Moyes and appears to be content at the club once again.
In his most recent interview, Rooney blamed legendary United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for his loss of form.
He said “Everyone at the club knew where I wanted to play and I think that’s why I was disappointed. I got told to play in midfield and I didn’t want to.”
“I just think there had to come a point when, for my own career, I had to be a bit selfish really.”
Watch Live Stream
- Man United told Spurs that Schneiderlin wasn’t for sale after enquiry last week [Times]August 31, 2016
- The 10 most Tweeted about transfers in the summer window ft. Man United & ArsenalAugust 31, 2016
- Isco deal off as Spurs make move for Man United’s Morgan SchneiderlinAugust 31, 2016
- Eric Bailly’s awesome celebration for Man United winner at Hull (official video)August 31, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates with Cristiano Ronaldo after Portugal win the Euros (Video)July 11, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson says it was a steward who told him to sign Ryan Giggs [ESPN]July 5, 2016
- Paul Pogba talks respect for Sir Alex Ferguson, learning from Scholes and Pirlo [Quotes]June 8, 2016
- Luis Suarez called ref Mateu Lahoz a ‘Clown’ during Barcelona’s 1-0 win at Athletic Bilbao (Video)August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- 12 of 14 Man United players celebrate late Hull win on InstagramAugust 28, 2016
- Should Man United’s Wayne Rooney remain England’s captain? (BBC Video)August 23, 2016