Man United’s Wayne Rooney reignites Fergie feud, blaming the Scot for his poor form last season [Times]
- October 9, 2013
When Sir Alex Ferguson was about to leave Old Trafford at the end of last season, it was clear his relationship with star player Wayne Rooney has completely broken down.
Rooney was dropped for Fergie’s final two games in charge and he looked destined to leave Manchester United in the summer after reportedly handing in a transfer request.
However, Rooney has re-found his form under new manager David Moyes and appears to be content at the club once again.
In his most recent interview, Rooney blamed legendary United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for his loss of form.
He said “Everyone at the club knew where I wanted to play and I think that’s why I was disappointed. I got told to play in midfield and I didn’t want to.”
“I just think there had to come a point when, for my own career, I had to be a bit selfish really.”
- Manchester United fan & World’s Fastest Man Usain Bolt takes the Dizzy Goals...
- Karel Poborsky scores lovely chip in Manchester United Legends win over Liverpool (Video)
- Banished and Numberless Victor Valdes thanks Manchester United fans for support on Twitter
- From Les Ulis to Manchester Untied: Patrice Evra once gave the young Anthony Martial hi...
- Manchester United’s Anthony Martial admits €80m fee is ‘crazy’ (Video)
- Louis van Gaal & Rafa Benitez argue over breakdown of the David De Gea transfer (V...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...