Man United’s Robin Van Persie to miss trip to West Ham; Undergoing second scan today
Hat-trick hero against Olympiakos, Man United striker Robin Van Persie was stretchered off towards the end of the vital 3-0 win.
David Moyes had earlier claimed the Dutch striker had picked up a ‘knock’ but Moyes today confirmed Van Persie was going for another scan.
Van Persie will miss Saturday’s Premier League clash with West Ham and is considered a major doubt for the derby against Manchester City on Tuesday.
One of United’s forgotten men Shinji Kagawa or Javier Hernandez could be handed a rare start.
Van Persie out of Saturday's trip to West Ham and likely to miss Man City game. Moyes says extent of knee injury is 'still unclear' #MUFC
— Kevin Palmer (@kpsundayworld) March 21, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes mocked after sharing his tactics pre Liverpool gameNovember 25, 2016
- David Moyes thinks Mourinho’s struggles put his Man United reign in contextNovember 5, 2016
- Things go from bad to worse for Sunderland and David MoyesNovember 1, 2016
- No red card? Marcos Rojo’s horror foul v Everton’s Idrissa Gueye (Official Video)December 4, 2016
- Jamie Carragher claims Manchester United boss Mourinho is turning into nemesis WengerDecember 4, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand jokes about how to stop Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez (video)December 4, 2016
- Dutch wonderkid Millen Baars confirms he has signed for Manchester UnitedDecember 4, 2016
- Robin van Persie posts lengthy statement on Instagram after nasty eye injuryNovember 7, 2016
- Robin van Persie suffered a horrific eye injury during 3-1 Fenerbahce win (Video)November 6, 2016
- Robin van Persie got an ovation from Man United fans and Fergie after Fenerbahce goal (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho explains why he doesn’t have such good memories of Robin van Persie (Video)October 20, 2016