Man United’s Robin Van Persie to miss trip to West Ham; Undergoing second scan today
Hat-trick hero against Olympiakos, Man United striker Robin Van Persie was stretchered off towards the end of the vital 3-0 win.
David Moyes had earlier claimed the Dutch striker had picked up a ‘knock’ but Moyes today confirmed Van Persie was going for another scan.
Van Persie will miss Saturday’s Premier League clash with West Ham and is considered a major doubt for the derby against Manchester City on Tuesday.
One of United’s forgotten men Shinji Kagawa or Javier Hernandez could be handed a rare start.
Van Persie out of Saturday's trip to West Ham and likely to miss Man City game. Moyes says extent of knee injury is 'still unclear' #MUFC
— Kevin Palmer (@kpsundayworld) March 21, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj deal & talks Everton target Lamine KoneAugust 12, 2016
- David Moyes: I wanted to bring Toni Kroos to Man United [Times]June 26, 2016
- Mourinho took less than a minute of being Manchester United boss to troll Van Gaal (Video)May 27, 2016
- Mino Raiola confirms Real Madrid wanted to sign Man United’s Paul Pogba [Telefoot]August 28, 2016
- Rumour: Tottenham U18 coach Kieran McKenna joins Man UnitedAugust 28, 2016
- 12 of 14 Man United players celebrate late Hull win on InstagramAugust 28, 2016
- The four youngest players to score for Jose Mourinho at either Man United or Chelsea [MOTD Stat]August 28, 2016
- Europa League draw brings Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie back to Old Trafford [Tweets]August 26, 2016
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Ex Man United star Robin van Persie held talks with Middlesbrough today [ESPN]July 6, 2016
- Fenerbahce’s Robin van Persie drops a hint on Twitter he’s joining LeicesterJuly 5, 2016