Man United’s one that got away: Thiago Alcántara shines on his Bayern debut v Hamburg
- July 21, 2013
It was only a friendly, but Manchester United fans were given a kick in the shins on Saturday as Thiago Alcántara shined on his Bayern Munich debut against Hamburg.
To recap, Bayern Munich beat out Manchester United to the signing of former Barcelona midfielder Thiago a couple of weeks back. Thiago signed a four-year deal at the Allianz Arena, with Bayern Munich paying €20 million up front for the midfielder. The total fee is expected to rise to €25 million.
On Saturday, in the final of the Telekom Cup, Thiago Alcántara received his debut for Pep Guardiola’s men, and the Spaniard shined in a 4-0 rout.
Thiago, who began in midfield alongside Toni Kroos, grabbed attention with a series of excellent passes in the middle of the park.
Moreover, Thiago’s stood out when he combined brilliantly with Franck Ribery for Xherdan Shaqiri to put Bayern 2-up just before the break.
Watch Thiago Alcántara’s debut Bayern Munich highlights v Hamburg below.
- Arsenal flop Nicklas Bendtner wins the Super Cup with an 89th minute leveller & wi...
- Manuel Neuer made a classic defensive diving header for Bayern v Wolfsburg in the Super...
- Thiago Alcantara receives and returns Xabi Alonso pass without letting it hit ground (V...
- Manuel Neuer plays keepy-uppy game with other Bayern Munich goalkeepers (Video)
- Bayern legend ‘pretty certain’ Pep Guardiola will leave in 2016, backs Jurg...
- Indecisive Pep Guardiola hints that he’ll leave Bayern Munich next year
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi