Man United’s one that got away: Thiago Alcántara shines on his Bayern debut v Hamburg
- July 21, 2013
It was only a friendly, but Manchester United fans were given a kick in the shins on Saturday as Thiago Alcántara shined on his Bayern Munich debut against Hamburg.
To recap, Bayern Munich beat out Manchester United to the signing of former Barcelona midfielder Thiago a couple of weeks back. Thiago signed a four-year deal at the Allianz Arena, with Bayern Munich paying €20 million up front for the midfielder. The total fee is expected to rise to €25 million.
On Saturday, in the final of the Telekom Cup, Thiago Alcántara received his debut for Pep Guardiola’s men, and the Spaniard shined in a 4-0 rout.
Thiago, who began in midfield alongside Toni Kroos, grabbed attention with a series of excellent passes in the middle of the park.
Moreover, Thiago’s stood out when he combined brilliantly with Franck Ribery for Xherdan Shaqiri to put Bayern 2-up just before the break.
Watch Thiago Alcántara’s debut Bayern Munich highlights v Hamburg below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...