- Werder’s Zlatko Junuzovic scores his 3rd free-kick in 4 games v Gladbach [Official Video]
- Bantz! Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain admits Alexis Sanchez has carried Arsenal on Twitter
- Tottenham are ‘all in’ for FC Porto striker Jackson Martinez [Record]
- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
Man United’s one that got away: Thiago Alcántara shines on his Bayern debut v Hamburg
It was only a friendly, but Manchester United fans were given a kick in the shins on Saturday as Thiago Alcántara shined on his Bayern Munich debut against Hamburg.
To recap, Bayern Munich beat out Manchester United to the signing of former Barcelona midfielder Thiago a couple of weeks back. Thiago signed a four-year deal at the Allianz Arena, with Bayern Munich paying €20 million up front for the midfielder. The total fee is expected to rise to €25 million.
On Saturday, in the final of the Telekom Cup, Thiago Alcántara received his debut for Pep Guardiola’s men, and the Spaniard shined in a 4-0 rout.
Thiago, who began in midfield alongside Toni Kroos, grabbed attention with a series of excellent passes in the middle of the park.
Moreover, Thiago’s stood out when he combined brilliantly with Franck Ribery for Xherdan Shaqiri to put Bayern 2-up just before the break.
Watch Thiago Alcántara’s debut Bayern Munich highlights v Hamburg below.
- Updated: July 21, 2013