- Michael Owen doubles down on his belief that Liverpool’s Sterling is better than Arsenal’s Ozil [Video]
- Man United & Liverpool’s hopes to sign Memphis Depay complicated as Pep Guardiola reveals his hand
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus now faces a criminal record for driving without a licence [Bild]
- A defender in Sweden headbutts the crossbar after conceding a goal [Videos]
- Juventus may pay £50m to sign Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling as they gear up to sell Paul Pogba [Sun]
Man United’s chief scout Robbie Cooke has been watching Diego Costa [El Mundo Deportivo]
- January 7, 2014
Catalan newspaper El Mundo Deportivo report on Tuesday that David Moyes has sent Manchester United chief scout Robbie Cooke to watch Diego Costa extensively over the past few months.
Costa has been sensational this season for Atletico Madrid with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal all linked with the
Brazil Spanish striker.
El Mundo Deportivo add that Cooke, who worked for Moyes at Everton, has been specifically watching Costa alongside Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke.
The pair have combined for a number of goals this season as Atletico Madrid have launched a genuine La Liga title challenge and look well placed to go far in the Champions League.
Despite United’s interest and talk of a 200 million pound war chest, Diego Costa is contracted to Atletico until 2018 and is super unlikely to leave in the January 2014 transfer window.
This does though cast aspersions over whether Manchester United can keep hold of star asset Wayne Rooney, who is stalling on a new contract.