Man United’s chief scout Robbie Cooke has been watching Diego Costa [El Mundo Deportivo]
- January 7, 2014
Catalan newspaper El Mundo Deportivo report on Tuesday that David Moyes has sent Manchester United chief scout Robbie Cooke to watch Diego Costa extensively over the past few months.
Costa has been sensational this season for Atletico Madrid with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal all linked with the
Brazil Spanish striker.
El Mundo Deportivo add that Cooke, who worked for Moyes at Everton, has been specifically watching Costa alongside Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke.
The pair have combined for a number of goals this season as Atletico Madrid have launched a genuine La Liga title challenge and look well placed to go far in the Champions League.
Despite United’s interest and talk of a 200 million pound war chest, Diego Costa is contracted to Atletico until 2018 and is super unlikely to leave in the January 2014 transfer window.
This does though cast aspersions over whether Manchester United can keep hold of star asset Wayne Rooney, who is stalling on a new contract.
- Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto scores perfect Panenka v Sagan Tosu (Video)
- Not Ideal: Stefan Savic scores unfortunate own goal on Atletico Madrid debut (Video)
- Olimpico: Atletico midfielder Koke scores directly from corner kick versus Sagan Tosu (...
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi