- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Man United’s Bebe expected to sign for Benfica today [A Bola]
According to Portuguese paper A Bola, today, Friday, is set to be the day that Benfica finally announce the signing of Bebe from Manchester United.
Bebe’s imminent move to Benfica has been touted for weeks in the Portuguese press, and it finally seems like the saga is about to end.
Whilst many Man United fans have a cult crush on Bebe, the once upon a time ‘homeless footballer’ is likely to be remembered as one of the biggest transfer flops of Sir Alex Ferguson’s illustrious reign at Old Trafford.
United shelled out over eight million pounds for Bebe, while the forward is now set to join Benfica for “practically zero cost”, as reported by A Bola.
Unfortunately the terms of Bebe’s move to Benfica, including the length of the player’s contract and his wage package, are not yet known.
Bebe, 23, scored 13 goals last season at Pacos Ferreira, and he was unlucky to miss out on going to the World Cup with Portugal.
A copy of the front page of A Bola can be seen below.
- Updated: July 25, 2014