Man United’s 4-4-2 system against Southampton didn’t work: Rooney too high, Fellaini too deep [Video analysis]
Capper Tom Payne has tried his hand at unpicking Manchester United’s difficult start under David Moyes and, using the Southampton game for his video case study, the argument is made that United’s 4-4-2 system is faulty.
The criticism runs that United’s 4-4-2 formation is too rigid, with the backline playing too deep and Rooney now playing too far forward, which in turn has isolated the midfield.
One of the main fallguys in United’s system is Marouane Fellaini, who is neither an attacking threat nor a particularly good defensive cover in the present team.
Watch the analysis of Manchester United’s 4-4-2 formation below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea goalkeeper Asmir Begovic believes Man United team to be reckoned with next season (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Man United defender Daley Blind defends Louis van Gaal, says he was treated unfairly [Quotes]May 24th, 2016
- Memphis Depay didn’t give Louis van Gaal credit for buying him, wants to stay at Man United...May 24th, 2016
- Chelsea fans say the love story with Jose Mourinho is over now he’s joining Man United (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini displeased with recent ban and criticism [The Sun]May 21st, 2016
- Leicester defender Huth and Man United midfielder Fellaini both charged with violent conduct by FAMay 3rd, 2016
- Man United’s Marouane Fellaini throws an elbow, Leicester’s Robert Huth grabs his hai...May 1st, 2016
- Gazzetta serve Man United fans with an exciting Marouane Fellaini transfer rumourApril 26th, 2016