Man United’s 4-4-2 system against Southampton didn’t work: Rooney too high, Fellaini too deep [Video analysis]
Capper Tom Payne has tried his hand at unpicking Manchester United’s difficult start under David Moyes and, using the Southampton game for his video case study, the argument is made that United’s 4-4-2 system is faulty.
The criticism runs that United’s 4-4-2 formation is too rigid, with the backline playing too deep and Rooney now playing too far forward, which in turn has isolated the midfield.
One of the main fallguys in United’s system is Marouane Fellaini, who is neither an attacking threat nor a particularly good defensive cover in the present team.
Watch the analysis of Manchester United’s 4-4-2 formation below.
- Roy Keane absolutely destroyed Wayne Rooney post Man United 0 – PSV 0 (Video)
- Man United fan calls up BBC Radio to accuse Louis van Gaal of ‘destroying’ the club (...
- Paul Scholes claims that Anthony Martial is not Man United’s solution after 0-0 draw with P...
- Louis Van Gaal left frustrated as Man United draw 0-0 with PSV (video)
- Belgium boss Marc Wilmots encourages Marouane Fellaini to leave Manchester United in January
- Marouane Fellaini & Ander Herrera post on Instagram after CSKA 1 – Man United 1
- Man United’s Marouane Fellaini accused of sending pics of his privates [Star]
- Man United Twitter account Trolled endlessly after congratulating Marouane Fellaini on Euro 2016 ...