Man United’s 4-4-2 system against Southampton didn’t work: Rooney too high, Fellaini too deep [Video analysis]
- October 23, 2013
Capper Tom Payne has tried his hand at unpicking Manchester United’s difficult start under David Moyes and, using the Southampton game for his video case study, the argument is made that United’s 4-4-2 system is faulty.
The criticism runs that United’s 4-4-2 formation is too rigid, with the backline playing too deep and Rooney now playing too far forward, which in turn has isolated the midfield.
One of the main fallguys in United’s system is Marouane Fellaini, who is neither an attacking threat nor a particularly good defensive cover in the present team.
Watch the analysis of Manchester United’s 4-4-2 formation below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...