- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Man United want to give Wayne Rooney a new 4-year deal worth £52m [Sun]
Wayne Rooney still has over 20 months left on his current Manchester United contract, however the backpage of the Sun gives the impression that the Red Devils are desperate to sign the striker on for longer.
In a so-called SunSport Exclusive, a headline screams: United rush for £52m Roo deal – Wayne to get 4 more years.
Neil Custis goes on to explain that Manchester United want to sort out Rooney’s contract no later than the New Year as “Roo’s phenomenal form has convinced [Old Trafford chiefs] to match his £250,000-a-week wages on a fresh four-year deal.”
Should the deal come to fruition, then Rooney may still be a Manchester United player at the senior age of 32.
A copy of the backpage of the Sun on Friday is below.
- Updated: November 15, 2013