Man United want to give Wayne Rooney a new 4-year deal worth £52m [Sun]
- November 15, 2013
Wayne Rooney still has over 20 months left on his current Manchester United contract, however the backpage of the Sun gives the impression that the Red Devils are desperate to sign the striker on for longer.
In a so-called SunSport Exclusive, a headline screams: United rush for £52m Roo deal – Wayne to get 4 more years.
Neil Custis goes on to explain that Manchester United want to sort out Rooney’s contract no later than the New Year as “Roo’s phenomenal form has convinced [Old Trafford chiefs] to match his £250,000-a-week wages on a fresh four-year deal.”
Should the deal come to fruition, then Rooney may still be a Manchester United player at the senior age of 32.
A copy of the backpage of the Sun on Friday is below.
- Bryan Robson and Denis Irwin recreate famous Man United goals v Liverpool (Video)
- Man United fan trolled for taking his passport to Wales for the Swansea game (Video)
- Man United midfielder Juan Mata scores a blindfold free kick (Video)
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- Done Deal: After interest from Aston Villa, ex-Man United striker Dimitar Berbatov head...
- Borussia Dortmund do not have an option to buy Man United’s Adnan Januzaj [Press ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...