Man United to offer Wayne Rooney a new long term deal as Chelsea sniff around [Sunday Telegraph]
He has reportedly handed in two transfer requests, he was said to be “angry and confused” with his status at Manchester United, but now it seems that Wayne Rooney could be set to commit his long term future to Old Trafford.
The Sunday Telegraph splash the front page of their weekend pullout with the headline: Rooney to be offered new long-term deal.
Behind the headline Jason Burt writes:
Manchester United want Wayne Rooney to sign a new contract keeping him at the club “well into his thirties”.
Rooney’s deal expires in June 2015 – he will turn 30 in October that year – and United are set to propose a lengthy contract extension to ward off continuing interest from Chelsea.
They will not want Rooney to go into the final year of his current deal although it is understood that Chelsea have indicated they will bid again if he does so.
United have yet to decide whether they will make a fresh bid for Everton’s Leighton Baines… Uuited will also continue their search for another midfield player although they will not increase their single bid of 20 million for Ander Herrera which was rejected by Athletic Bilbao.
A copy of front page of the Sunday Telegraph can be read below.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham scores his 11th goal of the year for Bristol City (Official Video)October 1, 2016
- Eden Hazard interviews Willian, who dedicates his goal v Hull to a special woman (Video)October 1, 2016
- Chelsea fans talk about Eden Hazard & the Champions League after beating Hull (Videos)October 1, 2016
- Chelsea stars dance on the bus after Hull win (video)October 1, 2016
- Man United fans will love Zlatan’s answer on why he rejected huge Chinese offersOctober 1, 2016
- The Star make a big claim about Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex Ferguson & Man UnitedOctober 1, 2016
- Man United target Gelson Martins sets up Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic in Portugal (Video)October 1, 2016
- Liverpool’s victory may trigger the EPL return for a Man United legend [Telegraph]October 1, 2016
- Marcus Rashford defends Manchester United teammate Wayne Rooney from ‘unfair criticism’October 1, 2016
- Jose Mourinho reveals Wayne Rooney jokingly claimed an assist on Man Utd winner v Zorya (Video)September 30, 2016
- Paul Scholes is ‘certain’ that Wayne Rooney will come back for Man United’s biggest games (Video)September 30, 2016
- Wayne Rooney comes off the bench to assist Man United’s winner v Zorya [Tweets]September 29, 2016