Man United to offer Wayne Rooney a new long term deal as Chelsea sniff around [Sunday Telegraph]
- September 6, 2013
He has reportedly handed in two transfer requests, he was said to be “angry and confused” with his status at Manchester United, but now it seems that Wayne Rooney could be set to commit his long term future to Old Trafford.
The Sunday Telegraph splash the front page of their weekend pullout with the headline: Rooney to be offered new long-term deal.
Behind the headline Jason Burt writes:
Manchester United want Wayne Rooney to sign a new contract keeping him at the club “well into his thirties”.
Rooney’s deal expires in June 2015 – he will turn 30 in October that year – and United are set to propose a lengthy contract extension to ward off continuing interest from Chelsea.
They will not want Rooney to go into the final year of his current deal although it is understood that Chelsea have indicated they will bid again if he does so.
United have yet to decide whether they will make a fresh bid for Everton’s Leighton Baines… Uuited will also continue their search for another midfield player although they will not increase their single bid of 20 million for Ander Herrera which was rejected by Athletic Bilbao.
A copy of front page of the Sunday Telegraph can be read below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...