Man United to offer Wayne Rooney a new long term deal as Chelsea sniff around [Sunday Telegraph]
- September 6, 2013
He has reportedly handed in two transfer requests, he was said to be “angry and confused” with his status at Manchester United, but now it seems that Wayne Rooney could be set to commit his long term future to Old Trafford.
The Sunday Telegraph splash the front page of their weekend pullout with the headline: Rooney to be offered new long-term deal.
Behind the headline Jason Burt writes:
Manchester United want Wayne Rooney to sign a new contract keeping him at the club “well into his thirties”.
Rooney’s deal expires in June 2015 – he will turn 30 in October that year – and United are set to propose a lengthy contract extension to ward off continuing interest from Chelsea.
They will not want Rooney to go into the final year of his current deal although it is understood that Chelsea have indicated they will bid again if he does so.
United have yet to decide whether they will make a fresh bid for Everton’s Leighton Baines… Uuited will also continue their search for another midfield player although they will not increase their single bid of 20 million for Ander Herrera which was rejected by Athletic Bilbao.
A copy of front page of the Sunday Telegraph can be read below.
- Leaked: Chelsea’s brand new home kit for the 15/16 season [Pictures]
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals his toughest ever opponents to Rio Ferdinand [Video]
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- Nathan becomes the latest Chelsea player to join Vitesse on loan [De Telegraaf]
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Chelsea YouTuber @feroze17 welcomes Radamel Falcao to the club with classy video
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi